Any Indianapolis audiophiles?

Discussion in 'Regional Clubs' started by gguillot, Sep 15, 2016.

1. yesshows77

yesshows77 Active Member

Bobby has done wonders to the showroom of his shop and he is always willing to take the time to talk audio when I drop buy (which is often). Walking into his store is almost like going back in time to the stereo shops that I used to frequent as a teen in the mid to late seventies. We are very blessed that folks like Bobby are keeping the flame alive for us.

Infinitoid and indyhawg like this.
  2. indyhawg

indyhawg AK Subscriber Subscriber

It is probably a good thing Bobby's shop is on the other side of town from me. I cannot get over there often enough.

Infinitoid likes this.
  3. Stanley88

Stanley88 New Member

Hi everyone, My name is Chris and actually just purchased my first vintage system from Bobby. It is and Onkyo tk-3000 with some DLK 1 1/2 speakers. He was very knowledgeable and was able to get me started on the hobby on a small budget. I would love to go to a meet up if someone hosted one.

4. JordanVA

JordanVA AK Subscriber Subscriber

I actually just moved to San Antonio, and found this thread when I was searching for meets in SA. All I can find for the RCAS is a Facebook page though, and I don't have Facebook. Do you recall if there's another way to reach them or find information?

5. gguillot

gguillot Super Member

Hi JordanVA,

Congrats on your move! San Antonio is a great town! I think you'll really enjoy the guys in the RCAS. They are having their annual BBQ this weekend. Anyway, you can communicate with them via the Yahoo Groups site - (https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/rivercityaudiosociety/info).
    Its a little old school, but it works well to get the word out about events. Tell them Greg sent you!

6. gguillot

gguillot Super Member

Hi Stanley88,

How's that new system sounding? I haven't been out to Bobby's shop yet, but I hear good things about it. My problem is I know I won't leave there empty handed. :D

indyhawg likes this.
  7. JordanVA

JordanVA AK Subscriber Subscriber

Thanks Greg! I appreciate the info!