Any Indianapolis audiophiles?

I am located in Terre Haute, IN and I have made a pilgrimage to Getchell Amp Co several times, I never left empty handed either! Bobby is a nice guy, lots of revolving inventory. I found him willing to negotiate and bundle. I mostly watch craigslist, local pawn shops (which I have made some killer scores at), and ebay. If there's enough folks in the area to warrant a gathering of sorts I would be totally onboard.

I have had the same experience in recent years with Bobby. He did an excellent job reconditioning my Sansui 9090db last fall!

What about recapping and restoration? Refreshing is just someone blowing the dust off and checking things out and adjusting to factory specs replacing burned out bulbs and such.

Hey gguillot,
Seems like I'm a Little late to the party but has anything become of this? I live in Fort Wayne Indiana (about 2hrs north of Indy) and I am very interested in finding or starting a club for like minded individuals to get together and hangout.
At least there are 2 people in the Fort that have audiophilla nervousa. Anyone else?

Evansville checking in here. Hey there, Hoosiers!

Beefcurtanz, I was surprised to learn from a youtube video that The Haute was the source of my many minidiscs in the 2000s!

Hello
I'm a little bit North in Fort Wayne. I've met a few vintage audiofiles while buying and selling but we seem to be a very independent lot. I think a club would be a good idea. I get down to Indy about once a year for other business.
I'm in New Haven IN.

I have a Facebook page called "Central Indiana Audiophiles". Please feel free to visit and post!

Mishawaka, IN checking in. Not local groups in the South Bend area that I know of.
What I’m more interested in are any local repair techs. South Bend has two electronics shops, mostly geared toward TV repair. I’ve had bad luck at one and less than ok service at the other. 2nd one did the repair but it took 11 months and I’m now having different issues with the piece of equipment. Also neither shop seemed interested in full restorations.
I know of Get hell’s in Indy area but he’s booked out a year for service at last check in.
Anyone know or do service themselves in these parts?

Back
Top Bottom