1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

Any info on Pioneer CS-T5100 speakers?

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by mayorbill11, Jan 14, 2005.

1. mayorbill11

mayorbill11 .

I have had a pair of these speakers for 5 years and I absolutely love them, I was just wondering if anybody on here knew anything signifigant about them since I can't find anything on the internet. How are Pioneer speakers generally regarded?

2. Retro Stereo

Retro Stereo Moderator Moderator

Welcome to AudioKarma Bill!

No information on the CS-T5100's, but the Pioneer CS-T6100's and CS-T7100's (so I'm assuming the CS-T5100's were a model down from the 6100's) were a speaker you could buy through Military PX's only. The 6100's were a 4-way, 4 speaker system that sold for $240 back in 1991, and the 7100's were a 4-way, 5 speaker system that sold for $370 back in 1991 as well. That's all I have according to my Orion Blue Book.

Retro

3. mayorbill11

mayorbill11 .

I bought these new 5 years ago, they have the new pioneer logo so I doubt they're related to those but anything is possible.

I'd love to get another pair of em but I haven't seen another pair in the 5 years i've had em.

4. RedbowTies88

RedbowTies88 Well-Known Member

I went and listened to a pair of these in person today. They were in 9.5/10 condition and they still sounded absolutely terrible.

Run don't walk away from these. They have cheap written all over them from the particle board cabinet to the incredibly light weight to the awful sound.

They literally weigh like 10-15lbs a speaker. full enclosure, grill, and all.