Any interest I had in "Grand Tour" has ended.

How do you feel about vindaloo?

/sheeps really take a beating on that one.

I have no problem with eating sheep, mutton, lamb after all wool, and meat are what sheep were created for. vindaloo looks delicious. The marinate and spice package is obviously for mutton. This looks like a way to make Prong Horn Antelope edible. :D I just don't like abuse. I have a rancher's point of view with domestic farm animals.

Last edited:
I take you have not actually had sheep. I have had Black Faced Suffolk, and Rambouillet‘s. I don’t find even simulated deaths of sheep in this way funny.

Well I have dogs and I have watched movies where dogs were killed and that did not upset me. I do not see faking the deaths of some sheep as any different. To take this a step further, we all have people who are our relatives, people we are close to, but we still watch movies where people are portrayed as people being killed.

Now as for car shows, I pass on most of them. I know what I like, and listening to a bunch of guys pontificate about “this and that”, not very interesting.

What I do like is Petrolicious. You get to hear about the cars from their owners.

I love watching The Grand Tour. Hammond's lucky to be alive and can still laugh about it, Clarkson's still himself, and Long Live Captain Slow. BBC's Top Gear has turned into another boring car show and don't even mention that waste of brain cells called Top Gear America.

^^^You just had to mention that waste of brain cells Top Gear America, didn't you? Absolute rubbish, that. Not even funny anymore, and really almost nothing to do with cars at all.

The only thing Top Gear America was missing was "Boss Hogg".

SQRZ1w4G_400x400.jpeg

When the BBC launched Top Gear many years ago, it used to be about testing real cars that the everyday Joe could actually afford, with the odd luxury car lobbed in every now and again. When Clarkson became the lead and his rich schoolboy mentality took over and they began to "test" McLaren F1, Ferrari F40/50, Lamborghini x, y, z, Aston Martin, Piaginini Glomshilliflishbangs et al, that no one but the .5% of the world could afford and blowing up or dropping cars on top of caravans, I lost all respect for the programme. They weren't even real world tests - driving supercars as fast as their limited abilities allow, around a closed track doesn't equate to sitting in traffic on the M25 in 30c heat to see if the manufacturer had installed the best AC in the world in their £500,000 or how it drives over potholes on the south circular in Clapham Junction. When Clarkson was fired by the BBC and Amazon picked him and his cronies up, I watched one episode and sure enough, the whole ridiculousness had gone to another level. The faster Amazon drops the three childish misogynists the better.

James May is the outsider in this group. He is an musician and an engineer. He presents other programing that is actually much better then Top Gear, and Grand Tour. Check out his other series on Amazon Prime.

^^^You just had to mention that waste of brain cells Top Gear America, didn't you? Absolute rubbish, that. Not even funny anymore, and really almost nothing to do with cars at all.
Lots of trucks and really bad schtick, if they gave them $1000 per episode for a budget then someone's stealing the money. I really don't understand how they can keep completely screwing it up.

the videography was stunning on BBC
I have only watched a couple of Amazon episodes. Kinda lost interest. I love the long form road shows they did at the end of the seasons, aka Find Source of the Nile, Build a Bridge over Kwai, Crossing over Andes. My wife would giggle at some of the hi jinx and that was a win for me. C'est la vie...

I used to be a big fan of the show but found over time they seemed to be doing a repetitive routine with the 2 just being there to setup Clarkson for his one liners. The 'jokes' just got too tired, they were a bit like Adam Sandler jokes, way too long to set them up so you knew what was coming and then they'd keep doing the joke over and over to make sure you didn't miss it. Something that unfortunately, carried over into a lot of skits on Grand Tour.

Since I wasn't a big fan of the show at the time I really didn't pay a lot of attention to the hoopla over the punching the producer incident.

But all the stories at the time said they'd had a long day of filming and the producer didn't have a hot meal ready for them when they finished. Still not an incident where an adult should punch someone but I could see it being frustrating.

Then I made the mistake of reading what really happened: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...nched-producer-and-called-him-lazy-Irish.html
They'd been filming at the studio for the day and they had a helicopter lined up to fly him to the hotel at the location for the next day (a pretty cushy setup). But the three went to a pub instead and left the helicopter waiting for two hours (I'm sure that was cheap). So that when they finally got to the hotel the chef had gone home and all the crew except the producer that got punched had gone to bed. So it was entirely Clarkson's fault that there was no hot food.

Clarkson is a posh wanker. He got sacked from the beeb for hitting a producer after a temper tantrum.....Had it been me, I would have knocked every rotten tooth in his head out.

This week episode have an AWESOME mini documentary about Jim Clark.
But yeah in general is not at the same level than the old TG. Anyway, if want to see a nice piece take a look of that history.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom