Any Looney Tunes fans here?

Oh, yeah...Especially when I was a kid, B4 they started choppin' 'em up...An' makin' 'em "Politically Correct".
My thoughts exactly. On another note, I do own a few volumes of the Golden Collection, and it isnt butchered. Its exactly as I remember it.

endlessly quotable dialog

rarely a day goes by without a quote...

"Oh brother... there goes me bread and butter!"
"Ooh, I'm Dyin'..."
"Hit da road!"
"I shoulda toined left at Albekoikee!"
"that's what HE thinks!"
"fortunately I keep ma feathers numbered, for just such an occasion"
"Monsters make such interesting people"
"Wile E Coyote...Super Genius"
"What a gulla-bull...what a nin-cow-poop"
"Of course you know this means war!"
"I do this to him throughout the picture"

I could go on and on...

Looney Tunes always get plenty of airtime around here...even when the grandkids aren't visiting. I love how they instantly "get" old cartoons...my granddaughter's a big Popeye fan, and one of my grandsons has been a devoted Tom & Jerry fan since he was about 3. The beauty of Tom & Jerry is virtually no dialogue...just plot & action. He's the same grandson who instantly "got" Laurel & Hardy as well...I thought he was gonna pee his pants laughing so hard at "The Music Box". (Stan & Ollie attempt to deliver that piano up that lonnnnng flight of stairs.) Gonna see what's on Boomerang when I get home from work.....

endlessly quotable dialog

rarely a day goes by without a quote...

"Oh brother... there goes me bread and butter!"
"Ooh, I'm Dyin'..."
"Hit da road!"
"I shoulda toined left at Albekoikee!"
"that's what HE thinks!"
"fortunately I keep ma feathers numbered, for just such an occasion"
"Monsters make such interesting people"
"Wile E Coyote...Super Genius"
"What a gulla-bull...what a nin-cow-poop"
"Of course you know this means war!"
"I do this to him throughout the picture"

I could go on and on...

What's up Doc?
That screwy wabbit!

Rome

What the.......? No love for Marvin?

marvin_martian.jpg

Look at thedruid's avatar... :)

Illudium Pu-36 Explosive Space Modulator :thmbsp:

Scott

I love the Looney Tunes. Every Saturday morning was spent watching those cartoons when I was a kid. My favorite has always been Foghorn Leghorn. I have vols 1-5 of The Golden Collection and there's not much Foghorn Leghorn in those. Volume 6 is now available (which I will no doubt purchase) so I hope they've included more Foghorn in that one. As long as they continue releasing these Looney Tunes collections I will keep buying them. Great stuff!

"Grab a fencepost, hold it tight...Whomp your pardner with all your might...Hit him low and hit him high, stick your finger in his eye..."

Hey guys/girls!
Anyone remember the super polite chipmunks, squirrels, or whatever they were?

I think one of their famous words were: "Indubedtly!"
Spelling in question...

Rome

I love the Looney Tunes. Every Saturday morning was spent watching those cartoons when I was a kid. My favorite has always been Foghorn Leghorn. I have vols 1-5 of The Golden Collection and there's not much Foghorn Leghorn in those. Volume 6 is now available (which I will no doubt purchase) so I hope they've included more Foghorn in that one. As long as they continue releasing these Looney Tunes collections I will keep buying them. Great stuff!

You are pulling my heart string with Foghorn, Drybasement!
My dad loved him & would walk around saying, "I say, I say, Boy! :yes: :D

Klassic,
Rome

I absolutely love them all too! I just heard that they have discontinued the Golden Collection. Needless to say I have been completing my collection ASAP.

Golden Collection

I absolutely love them all too! I just heard that they have discontinued the Golden Collection. Needless to say I have been completing my collection ASAP.

Yeah, I read that myself. Volume 6 will be the last one. What a shame.

character wise, even though not many appearances is the gremlin that tries to sabbotage the bomber..."you have to hit it just right" as he tries to smack a bomb.

200px-Falling_hare2.jpg

Foghorn's always been a big one with me too, and there's a lot of him on YouTube so I have something to watch on a Saturday morning.
"That boy's as sharp as a sack of wet mice"

So much so that I dedicated many years to collecting the single and boxsets of Laserdiscs also a few VHS of the Looney Tunes to get the
UNCENSORED/UNCUT/POLITICALLY INCORRECT :yikes:true tunes I watched as a kid along with Tom & Jerry, the Tex Avery Collection etc...

I have heard the Golden Collection DVD's have edited and missing Tunes due to political correctness not sure if thats true as I only go for the Laserdisc versions. The slight grain in the Laserdisc versions make it feel that much more like 1965 again when I first watched them as a kid.

My favorites have to be Bugs, Foghorn Leghorn, Yosemite Sam.
For many years now when I arise on Saturday mornings on go the Laserdiscs and have my own Looney Tunes marathon without any editing or commercials.:thmbsp:

I say boy, do you reallly think a Looneyious Toonious fan would be huntin wabbit inside a thread like this if he wasn't looking to blow up the Earth? I mean, you wouldn't see a puddy tat if you didn't... You're about as sharp as a bowling ball if you have to ask..

Back
Top Bottom