Any Looney Tunes fans here?

Elmer Season :D

I learned Roman numerals from these cartoons - always reading the credits. The Michael Maltese stories were usually the best.

My kids agree that today's cartoons can't touch Looney Tunes! :thmbsp:

Yeah, that always p*ssed me off, too, about half..Just put down "1953" instead of "MCMXLIII" or whatever & quit being so feckin' cute...(grin)

Foghorn Leghorn was loosely based on a radio character known as Senator Claghorn...Bugs was envisioned as a 'song and dance man'...Yosemite Sam was brought in when Elmer Fudd proved to be an unworthy adversary to Bunny...'Mac & Tosh' were WB's equivalent of Chip n Dale...fun to see 'cameos' by such as Humphrey Bogart, Peter Lorre (in at least one of the 'Gossamer' eps), Katherine Hepburn ("I just love cheese!..reaaaally I do!')...unforgettable how Mel Blanc could hit that hysteric upper register in his voice work. That's really, really hard.

"Say...do you think that could be one of them 'gremlins'?"
"WELL I AIN'T WENDELL WILKIE!!!"

Anyone remember these characters?

Egghead Jr. (The Brainiac)
Miss Prissy
The Weasel (One of my favorites)

Rome

1947 Sylvester:
tweetyfan.jpg

Bing Crosby 1946:
catch.jpg

My favourite is when Bing Crosby tell the cat he needs "Vaaaitamins"

Anyone remember these characters?

Egghead Jr. (The Brainiac)
Miss Prissy
The Weasel (One of my favorites)

Rome

Oh, yeah...Good 'Uns, Rome... An' the Witch that had all those hairpins fall out whenever she clicked her heels & cackled...Remember her ? Think she was after Bugs....An' the time Porky & Sylvester stayed in this haunted town...All those Eyes following them...Porky was oblivious, but Sylvester was in mortal terror the whole time...

what about when the Martians dress like Roosevelt and charge down the stairs...

When I was a kid watching cartoons on Saturday morning I could never understand why my dad would plop down on the sofa and watch whenever the Looney Toons were on. Come on, dad, these are kids cartoons!!! NOW I get it. Whenever someone does something dumb, my buddies and I have to go through the whole schtick: What a maroon, what a gulla-bull, what a nin-cow-poop.

Anyone remember this feller? I collect the Warner brothers Pepsi glasses from the 70's. There is about three that I don't have, Cool Cat and Slow Poke Rodriguez.

Attachments

• injun10.jpg
    injun10.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 15
Looney Tunes!

Ahhhh, nothing like this Klassic Looney Tunes Duo!

LT.jpg

Rome

Last edited:
The one (or two) Foghorn Leghorn ones I can't find on YouTube are the ones where he gets his feathers blown off and says "Fortunately, I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency".

The one (or two) Foghorn Leghorn ones I can't find on YouTube are the ones where he gets his feathers blown off and says "Fortunately, I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency".

"I say, that boy is about as sharp as a bowlin' ball"

Perhaps the greatest cartoon series ever created. I am 22 and as a kid Looney Tunes were my favorite. I can remember ABC (i think) would have an hour time slot for Bugs and the crew on Saturday mornings. About the time I turned 10 or 12 however it seemed all the classic American cartoons started to get replaced with all the Japanese craptoons.

I mean I enjoy Looney Tunes as an adult as there is humor that you miss as a child. These new cartoons just dont do anything for me.

Back
Top Bottom