Any Motorhomers/RV'rs here on AK?

We picked up a short Lazy Daze end of last year. (Hate the name, like the camper.) Have yet to use it, but it's in very good shape, and well-constructed. Have a few projects to regain hitch capacity (reversing factory chassis mods) but should be good after that. Usually the best sound system when camping is turn everything off and open the windows... or just go outside since that's what you're there for.

Chip

Lazy Daze campers have an excellent reputation and a cult following. It seems many single women like them which means they might be an excellent camper for a single guy. I never saw one, they're rare in the East.

We picked up a short Lazy Daze end of last year. (Hate the name, like the camper.)

It's fun wandering around the camping areas checking out the names on some of these things ... I think my favorite is the INFERNO ... Makes me feel all warm inside just thinking about it. <G>

This had to be staged, eh ... irony just can't be that ironic!!

Photo-of-burning-toy-hauler.jpg

I like doing that as well! There is a huge Camping World dealership in Colfax, NC. I like looking around but the sales people can be a tad aggressive. The more I participate in this thread, the more I want another RV. We will see! That being said, I know I do not have the time for one right now.

You aren't kidding about RV salespeople being agressive! We have several Camping Worlds within driving distance as well as a few other large dealerships. I don't go to them often because its hard to just look at the RV's without a salesman who insists on bothering you, won't leave, and then acts annoyed when you don't show more interest in actually buying. It's like they don't believe you when you say you are just looking. We have a really cool used dealer/consignment place here called PPL Motorhomes. They are HUGE and have a giant lot just packed with used RV's (motorhomes, travel trailers, 5th wheels, everything) for sale. You just go into the office, sign in, and they give you a map with locations and prices of all the RV's on the lot. Then, without any salesman in tow, you can go browse the RV's at will. They are all open for you to check out. If you get serious and are ready then you can ask for a salesman to assist. The other good part is that since these are used RV's and sit out on the lot, you can go on a warm day and tell right away if any of them smell like they've have any moisture issues on the inside.

It's fun wandering around the camping areas checking out the names on some of these things ... I think my favorite is the INFERNO ... Makes me feel all warm inside just thinking about it. <G>

This had to be staged, eh ... irony just can't be that ironic!!

Photo-of-burning-toy-hauler.jpg

The macho-doucho names given toy hauler trailers are amusing--Venom, Intruder, Outlaw, Raptor, Stealth, Spartan, Inferno, Road Warrior---I'm surprised there isn't one called the Big Penis. And the changing of the name of Dodge trucks to Ram...

We picked up a short Lazy Daze end of last year. (Hate the name, like the camper.) Have yet to use it, but it's in very good shape, and well-constructed. Have a few projects to regain hitch capacity (reversing factory chassis mods) but should be good after that. Usually the best sound system when camping is turn everything off and open the windows... or just go outside since that's what you're there for.

Chip

Those Lazy Daze campers are very nice, May you have many wonderful trips in yours!

Loving all the wondeful pics of RV's you guys are posting, They are stunning to say the least.....Makes mine look like a dinky toy in comparison!.......Here's a couple from our trip to Wexford last year...

c5.jpg wex1.jpg

Very nice John. Do you ever get to Kiltimagh? My father's father is from there. My mother is from Lurgan; I have many kinsmen in Armagh, Down, Derry and Donegal. And Mayo of course.

Very nice John. Do you ever get to Kiltimagh? My father's father is from there. My mother is from Lurgan; I have many kinsmen in Armagh, Down, Derry and Donegal. And Mayo of course.

Yes indeed Tom, I've a friend living in Mayo and get over there as often as I can. Many a great man emigrated from Kiltimagh! Lovely part of Ireland. Having the Camper its easy to get away and see all our Counties, Armagh,Down, Derry and Donegal are lovely also....been up there many times.

http://kiltimagh.ie/gene-tunney/

Brennan....A proud Irish surname:)

https://www.houseofnames.com/brennan-family-crest

This is what gave me the motorhome bug. This is my dads RV (and my ranger) out at the beach. My Dad brother and I took it down to Galveston a few years back to do some camping and fishing. Its really comfortable inside except that it also taught me some of the things I don't want in an RV. I don't prefer the huge overhang past the back wheels and the layout is the stereotypical layout for these style RV's but I've seen some more unique and ergonomic ones that I prefer.

IMG_3429.jpg

Very nice RV Mitkraft:thumbsup:...... The rear overhang is quite long alright, not much of an issue in the States perhaps but would be for me trying to board a ferry to France for instance, the on-ramp boarding the ferry is almost a 45% incline......you can guess the consequences!

Back
Top Bottom