Any "My Pillow" users?

I've read many reviews about memory foam being toxic and people getting sick, from the memory foam mattresses.

Interesting that you should post up a link to a memory foam mattress then. How can you sleep at night?? ;-}

Checked on the My Mattress, and that DOES have an inch of memory foam in it. Also gel layers along with their super special shredded foam. No objection to the memory foam - that's pretty much all my current Tempur mattress is anyway. That unfortunately is pushing 20 years old and is definitely showing it's years. Was thinking about getting one of their new toppers, but the My Mattress would be about the same price, and it's like ... new!

PS ... I suppose I should also order a couple of the pillows if I go that route. Then again, I have one of those special "side sleeper" pillows with the dished center that's been working quite well for me.
413YUtVIv6L._SX466_.jpg

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones that they fit, unlike all the poor slobs who toss and turn all night trying to use one (according to the My Pillow commercials anyway.)

The wife and I have been using them for a few months, while it has not been a life changing experience I would say it's been an improvement on any pillows we have used before, so we are very happy. We got a dog bed as well and Ginger loves it, we had to move it out of the family room because she would only use the My Pillow and would not want any lap time:)

Graham

Tried the firm my pillow and returned it free of charge for the extra firm. Stiffness I was experiencing in my neck and left should has subsided since using the extra firm my pillow. Seems to be good for me. I also like they can be machine washed and dried.

The wife and I have been using them for a few months, while it has not been a life changing experience I would say it's been an improvement on any pillows we have used before, so we are very happy. We got a dog bed as well and Ginger loves it, we had to move it out of the family room because she would only use the My Pillow and would not want any lap time:)

Graham

They should hire "Ginger" on the next "My Pillow" commercial! :thumbsup::D

I'm a down feather pillow kind of guy. My lady decided I needed a new pillow, so we purchased a My Pillow. Now I've never been a great sleeper, but this pillow was like torture, as is every synthetic pillow. Really wanted to give it a good try so I suffered through the whole night, so glad I didn't let the little lady throw away my old friend.

That said, my lady is using the new pillow and she loves it, but she's always had synthetic pillows. Now I have to go online to find a new feather pillow.

My wife bought us a pair of them. Biggest waste of money, ever. I tried it for a week and it was terrible. The wife won't use hers, either. My dogs won't even sleep on it.

A $20 WalMart pillow is a better pillow.

FWIW my 84 year-old father-in-law thinks his is great. He recommended we try them. So YMMV

My wife bought us a pair of them. Biggest waste of money, ever. I tried it for a week and it was terrible. The wife won't use hers, either. My dogs won't even sleep on it.

FWIW my 84 year-old father-in-law thinks his is great. He recommended we try them. So YMMV
A pair of which, down feather or My Pillow?

If you bought them from My Pillow directly and were dissatisfied with the product they offer a money back guarantee, so I don't get the "Biggest waste of money, ever" part of your statement. Even if you purchased them from a local retailer chances are they have an in-store return program. If you don't take advantage of the product guarantee then that's on you. I can think of bigger wastes of money.

I have one, it's okay, not positive life altering for me, my sleep with it is okay but I have mild allergy to polyurethane products so I wake with head congestion.

Oh and that $20 Walmart pillow didn't work for me but I use it in my guest bedroom so as not to be a "Biggest waste of money, ever" issue.

Last edited:
Thinking about trying one.
After years of not finding a pillow I liked (always too thin for side sleeping, too thick for back-sleeping), I took a down pillow and topped it with a slab of 2" memory foam. I get the comfort of the down, but it doesn't flatten all the way to the mattress like a down pillow will.

If I can try one with money-back guarantee, I'm in.

Oh and that $20 Walmart pillow didn't work for me but I use in my guest bedroom so as not to be a "Biggest waste of money, ever" issue.

As a side note, avoid taking the pillowcase off of the pillow in someone else's guest bedroom. I thought I'd do someone a favor and tear the bed down after staying at a friends house. I now bring a pillow when possible.

As a side note, avoid taking the pillowcase off of the pillow in someone else's guest bedroom. I thought I'd do someone a favor and tear the bed down after staying at a friends house. I now bring a pillow when possible.

Yep! Sometimes when you pull the covers back it can get kinda sketchy. :eek:

If you bought them from My Pillow directly and were dissatisfied with the product they offer a money back guarantee, so I don't get the "Biggest waste of money, ever" part of your statement. Even if you purchased them from a local retailer chances are they have an in-store return program. If you don't take advantage of the product guarantee then that's on you. I can think of bigger wastes of money.

I have one, it's okay, not positive life altering for me, my sleep with it is okay but I have mild allergy to polyurethane products so I wake with head congestion.

Oh and that $20 Walmart pillow didn't work for me but I use it in my guest bedroom so as not to be a "Biggest waste of money, ever" issue.

Metamucil can help with that...

I would hate to see how wound up you get about something really important.

It was a huge waste of money, time, the headache it gave me, etc. Personally, I can't think of $90 that was less effectively spent. At least the Roca Patron didn't give me a headache. Just my opinion, you are welcome to yours.

I can, at least, give them away.

Unless you have a vacuum bag to pack it in it's a pretty big cost to ship it back. They do not cover return shipping.

A pair of which, down feather or My Pillow?

My Pillow

Thinking about trying one.
After years of not finding a pillow I liked (always too thin for side sleeping, too thick for back-sleeping), I took a down pillow and topped it with a slab of 2" memory foam. I get the comfort of the down, but it doesn't flatten all the way to the mattress like a down pillow will.

If I can try one with money-back guarantee, I'm in.

Let us know how you like the "My Pillow"! I'm sure your going to like it! I wouldn't want to be without mine!

Does it hold in heat? I'm always turning my pillow because it builds up heat around my neck. The shredded memory foam pillows do the same.

kfalls. I have problems with heat as well, I believe the My Pillows are better than a regular pillow, I find I have flipping the pillow over less often, and sometimes I think it just out of habit.

Graham

I got the 2 for 1 deal about a year ago. I wasn't that impressed but we needed new pillows so we kept them. This guy didn't like them at all.

Back
Top Bottom