Any "My Pillow" users?

I got a Serta memory foam for $10 at Big Lots it's the best I've found so far but could be improved upon I suppose.

Frankly that guy just has a racket going (IMO). He hires low cost laborers to fill pillow covers (cost $1?) with plain, ordinary shredded polyfoam (cheap) and then marks it up 10 times. People will buy anything if you advertise it enough!

Here's another solution - sleep in a recliner!

its ok nothing special for me, i waste money on stupid things all the time ( see signature :biggrin: ) so no biggy for me

Here's another solution - sleep in a recliner!

Actually--with severe compression fractures of L-1 through L-4 vertebrae, on a "bad" night, I will sleep on the hardwood floor next to the bed. The dog thinks I'm nutz (and he is probably right), but he sleeps on the bed and watches over me (for those that don't know already, my dog is a 120 lb GSD).

The commercial where he shows up in the guy's medicine cabinet seriously skeeves me out, especially when the next day, the guy is wearing the same shirt with the same cross. Is the message that My Pillow will also make you a Christian?

I bought a pair recently. Wife is not sold on it yet. I have had good results. I almost never sleep the night through. Maybe once or twice a year at best. I’ve had the My Pillow for about a week. I’ve slept through 2 times so far. This is way above my average. Wife says it makes her neck hurt. I’ve encouraged her to adjust it more and give it a little more time before giving up.

Bought a King firm and hated it. Sent it back through Amazon and bought King size Coop brand on Amazon and they were perfect. Not near as lumpy and scrunch up much better than My Pillow. The fill is adjustable on the Coop brand. Enough extra fill in the Coop's to make two extra pillows with some zip up cases from Amazon. Ended up with 4 nice pillows for $100

I'm a down feather pillow kind of guy. My lady decided I needed a new pillow, so we purchased a My Pillow. Now I've never been a great sleeper, but this pillow was like torture, as is every synthetic pillow. Really wanted to give it a good try so I suffered through the whole night, so glad I didn't let the little lady throw away my old friend.

That said, my lady is using the new pillow and she loves it, but she's always had synthetic pillows. Now I have to go online to find a new feather pillow.

Got mine here: https://www.downandfeathercompany.com/

Update--first night--not too impressed, but maybe they need to "break in". I'm used to down pillows, so I did find the cubed poly whatever somewhat "noisy", and not as "adjustable" as advertised. Try again tonight.

Many videos on his and other pillows on youtube - check them out first.

I've seen brand name pillows at local discount stores as low as $10 - I'm talking with the Serta name on them.

I won't buy anything serta anymore. It's all garbage. Had a Serta branded computer chair that lasted less than a year and I managed to actually physically bend the frame/back somehow so even when you're sitting upright, its like you're learning back.

I liked the pillows I slept on when I went home to the east and stayed in a hilton, so I got a king size down feather one and then another local one I forget but I think its a mix.. They do well enough for now.

All that. I buy 1 new pillow each year to rotate the old ones out.
I 'discovered' these places called, I think, Department Stores, where you can poke and prod and manhandle the various pillows to your hearts delight! And they have large discounts, sales, and senior discount days!!!
:)
Granted, they are wrapped in plastic, but better than advertised con jobs by a mile.
Plus, prices range from super cheap to silly - and the big end display of MyPillows allowed me to confirm they are nothing special at all, other than the outrageous price.
And, in my case, I was able to 'give' a little business to a local store, which was terrifyingly empty of customers (ShopKO - Kohl's was a bit busier).
VERY Weird to be the ONLY customer in a freakin' huge store...

We stopped at a US Mattress location two weeks ago and tried out a few beds--finally decided which one we like, and now it's just a matter of digging in the couch to find spare change to afford one. :D (Current deal on our selection is 10% off, free box spring, and a $100 gift card which I want to use for a mattress protector.)

While trying out the mattresses, they had some of the better pillows out on the beds, and I have to say that the pillows which used some form of memory foam I found were the most comfortable for side sleeping. I have this really old pillow, no idea what it's stuffed with, but it's quite firm and scrunchable where it needs to be. Some of these pillows we tried were, for me, very close to what I need. They do carry the "My Pillow" at the stores, but they don't really recommend them or highlight them at all, nor did they have any out on display on the beds. Doesn't sound like I'd like them anyways, based on descriptions I've read. (And I've had a fiber-fill pillow where the filling was "noisy"...I totally get it. :) )

Granted, the pillow I like is $99 (both Simmons and Serta have the pillows--the one Serta iComfort I tried was just about ideal with the $89 Simmons not far behind), but I'm finding it's worth it to get a good night's sleep and not wake up sore or with numbness.

Back
Top Bottom