Any old farts remember synchronized slide shows?

I also still have a few of those collections of bird-songs-on-an-LP-with-a-box-of-slides, and frog-sounds-on-an-LP-with-a-box-of-slides, that were sold to the general public. I think there's also an Africa wildlfe one... lions, warthogs, hippos, elephants, etc.

I remember these. We called them "film strips" but same idea. Most had the audio track on cassette but there were some older ones run off a usually well abused record with an equally abused Califone player. "Boop", "click". I don't remember them much after elementary school in the late 80s but its possible I saw one in middle school, early 90s.

When I was a sophmore in 1977, some guys slipped LSD into my lunch. It kicked in about 10 minutes into one of those filmstrips in a shop class. ("The World of Work"). The slides REALLY "Tracked" when changing and the "Beep" was a BwowWOW wowow" . It was an interesting afternoon to be sure, and yes, I DID exact revenge upon the culprits. ;)

We had film strips...with cassette when there was audio involved. (Or it may have been LPs in elementary school, where we always had those Califone record players.) Someone in junior high realized the cassette player had a record function and a mic, and proceeded to record over some of the cassette with nonsense and no small amount of profanity, while the teacher stepped out. He always was an asshat (and no, it wasn't me).

Back
Top Bottom