Any One here own a Melos High Current Triode 200 Plus Series

trihai

I need help on a Melos High Current Triode 200 Plus Series. I am not sure if the unit is missing a diode, capacitor, or resistor. Please see the attached photos with label on the location of the suspect. If you have this Melos, please kindly take a look at yours and let me know. Greatly appreciate!

Attachments

• 20171015_203743.jpg
    20171015_203743.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 20171015_204400.jpg
    20171015_204400.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 20171015_204531.jpg
    20171015_204531.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 33
Whats in the schematics ? That would tell the intended component list. Sometimes boards are
equipped with "alternate parts" to choose at assemble time for available components.

If I have a schematic, life would be better. The problem is there is no schematic for Melos amp. Those high end amp is very rare.

Can you observe on the bottom side of the circuit board if traces even go to those holes? If traces exist which would connect to that part, is there anything you can tell about where they go next?

There's only so much you can know for sure without tracing the circuit and making your own schematic...

But 4 diodes form a bridge rectifier, a common power supply section. I'm not sure what purpose a 5th one would serve. It seems likely it's either serving as a "spare" or backup somehow, or is used in alternate/prototypes but not in this configuration of the amp.

Yes, I tried to look at the back and did see traces went to the holes. Looks like the missing part was clipped off. I found 2 more locations with possible part missing (compared to photos on the Internet).

At this point, I would assume that thee missing parts were clipped off purposely by the maker.

Back
Top Bottom