Any one into the Bluetooth 5 speaker game yet?

Quadman2

Lunatic Member
Was wondering if anyone is into the newest 5.0 bluetooth speakers yet?

From what I can gather it's still pretty new in the way of products available but was wondering if it's worth it to wait a bit or go for what ever the market offers at this time.

I'm usually in the catch up mode, so thought to get into if there's speakers available using this improved technology and it's worth.

Q

Last edited:
Was wondering if anyone is into the newest 4.0 bluetooth speakers yet?

From what I can gather it's still pretty new in the way of products available but was wondering if it's worth it to wait a bit or go for what ever the market offers at this time.

I'm usually in the catch up mode, so thought to get into if there's speakers available using this improved technology and it's worth it.

Q
I think you're gonna want a mod to edit your topic title. Don't you mean Bluetooth 5?

Last edited:
See what I mean! I am STILL in "catch up mode"!

MG...there's 5.0 BT now!? I thought the 4.0 was the state of the art.

Thanks for the update/input. Back to the drawing board.:)

Can you clue me in as to how/what this BT is and its improvements?

Is it just more MBps?

Thanks,

Q

Last edited:
OK, have scanned the url...and it looks to a degree it might be more industrial orientated, but with other benefits as well.

Like I said...by the time you are up to "scratch"...it's obsolete!

Seems like the speaker builders are also in catch up mode as so few even offer the 3 or improved 3.

Q

Thanks for the update/info.

I am behind the times, and was going on what BT speakers that were available based on the best MBps available as most are still in the 2.0/3.0 range. A few have reached the 4.0 but I could only find a few at this level.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Q

Thanks for the update/info.
Don't kick yourself too hard mate. It just became available 3 weeks ago. FWIW, they've officially (marketing wise) dropped the point number (X.0, X.1) scheme. So it's just Bluetooth 5....not Bluetooth 5.0. :D

Just use the 'Report" link on your first post and ask a mod to change the title of the topic.

It's not about the Bluetooth generation, but the actual codecs supported by the particular devices. The classic SBC codec is not something to brag about quality wise.
AptX is the minimum for decent quality (my Moto phones support that). Higher quality is on horizon with AptX HD (Qualcomm updated chips were just released, supposedly the existing Qualcomm AptX phones can be upgraded via software) or, if you live in Sony "garden", LDAC codecs.

Here's my Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX speaker:

View attachment 842234

Details here.
It's not about the Bluetooth generation, but the actual codecs supported by the particular devices. The classic SBC codec is not something to brag
about quality wise.
AptX is the minimum for decent quality (my Moto phones support that). Higher quality is on horizon with AptX HD (Qualcomm updated chips were just released, supposedly the existing Qualcomm AptX phones can be upgraded via software) or, if you live in Sony "garden", LDAC codecs.[/QUOTE

WOW! Professional job, or what?:thumbsup:

I envy your tech know how. The end result is as I've described.

Would really enjoy hearing this 4 BT speaker.

Q

Don't kick yourself too hard mate. It just became available 3 weeks ago. FWIW, they've officially (marketing wise) dropped the point number (X.0, X.1) scheme. So it's just Bluetooth 5....not Bluetooth 5.0. :D

Just use the 'Report" link on your first post and ask a mod to change the title of the topic.

Thanks for the tip and updated material!:thumbsup:

Q

OK, let's knock it down a notch to the 4.0 speakers. The 5 may be too new as I've been messaged that this format has only been out for the better part of three weeks.

"Winters" shared his DIY 4 BT speaker, and "+48" mentioned that he had picked up a "Fugoo " with a 4.0 capability. On another thread, prob in the speaker forum he did a take on what he thought of the Fugoo, which was on the pos side, eh?

So, if any out there who had experience or want to chime in on the 4's please do, any more input/info on the new 5 format.

Q

Back
Top Bottom