Any one still use a land (fixed) telephone line?

When we moved 10 years ago the phone company couldn’t honor the same price at our new location - when the service rep keyed in the new service address it would default to their current rates. This was FairPoint Communication and they were new in New England. When they initially took over from Verizon they grandfathered the rates. The price nearly doubled with the new address. That’s when I decided to do the “triple play” with Comcast: internet/voice/cable. I inquired about dropping the voice a few years ago but learned by removing the bundle the price would go up...

Power outages aren’t an issue as we all have iPhones and a generator to charge them as well as a couple UPS’s.

We still have a landline phone out of necessity. Even though we are pretty close to a major town, we are pretty much still in the dark ages here. They haven't brought fiber through yet. Hell, it hasn't been that long since they brought DSL service through.:rolleyes: Cell service is non existent in and around the house, too. A few miles down the road they just got fiber in. Hopefully they'll bring it through here soon. I'd love to give Verizon and especially DirecTV the finger.:D

I dumped the land line when my ex moved out, and that was in 2003. Don't want it, haven't missed it. I spent 20+ years as a slave to a phone at my jobs, and I'd rather not talk on one at all if I don't have to.

We still have one but I don't know why. My wife wants to keep it "just in case" and because "you never know." :dunno:

Only landline here.On a side note sort of I heard on the radio today that if you were born recently and live to be 78 years old you will spend 22 years of your life staring at screens!.Wow .I spend maybe 1 hour at most and use d my last cellphone 10 minutes in 6 months.

I still don't have a cell phone.

That's awesome ,I remember when my job forced me to carry a damn pager ,I ended up throwing it in the dumpster ,then they gave us the 1st Nextel and had the entire crew come into the office for a 6 hour instructional meeting with the nextel rep to learn how to use it ,of course I paid zero attention ,the 1st call I got on it I didn't know how to answer so the super put me on alert ,I couldn't stop it from beeping so I put it in my trucks toolbox ,seems silly now but if it weren't for work I'd of never gotten a cell phone .

To answer the original question ,Yes ,I still have a landline in my 3 grow rooms , a dozen 600 watt ballasts in each room make it impossible for any cell signal to get into the building .

You all live near cellphone towers or something? If I had to make a call from home, the cellphone would be the last thing I'd use. Pretty unreliable and takes a long time to 'boot up.' I think it is mostly a curiosity in terms of verbal communication. It does have a screen to play games and it records digital images that look nice if you can afford the time wait for it to boot up.

You all live near cellphone towers or something? If I had to make a call from home, the cellphone would be the last thing I'd use. Pretty unreliable and takes a long time to 'boot up.' I think it is mostly a curiosity in terms of verbal communication. It does have a screen to play games and it records digital images that look nice if you can afford the time wait for it to boot up.

I have B.T.S.es in my area. On apartament buldings.

Back
Top Bottom