Any opinions or suggestions about this hybrid tube preamp ?

gaetan8888

Hello

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Attachments

• 519C3hkh8yL.jpg
    519C3hkh8yL.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Trying to figure out why the mosfets are needed and why the way too small anode resistors. I would delete the transistors and either use a properly biased 12AX7 with feedback or a nice low mu triode running open loop.

The design looks plausible enough. The feedback should keep output impedance pretty dang low. I tend to solder up one channel of stuff like this on a breadboard and test it first, before committing any effort to a chassis build.

Hello

I have done a Ltspice simulation using 12AU7 tube and with differents values for somes parts.

The thd spectrum look good.

Any thought or suggestions about it ?

Thank

Bye

Gaetan
Capture hybrid amp.jpg

Capture hybrid amp-thd.jpg

I have a headphone amp something like that. One dual triode per channel front end, single ended SS output. It also has a set of line stage out jacks. It can be used as a preamp as well. Its quiet and sounds pretty good after swapping the tubes for a pair of GE JAN's.

Hello

Thank

Bye

Gaetan
This Nobsound features a vacuum tube buffer. I rolled in 6J5-GT's and a pair of 6AQ5's using readily available adapters, it sounds great for the money!

Attachments

• Nobsound MS-10D MK II.jpg
    Nobsound MS-10D MK II.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 9
Trying to figure out why the mosfets are needed and why the way too small anode resistors. I would delete the transistors and either use a properly biased 12AX7 with feedback or a nice low mu triode running open loop.
In almost all cases, I prefer the 5751's, which feature 70% of the gain of a 12AX7.

Back
Top Bottom