Any other slant sixers on this forum?

My guess is either the Radiator cap or Battery

Good guess, good guess. Obviously those are replacement items, but a battery and a radiator cap were both standard.

Tell you what I'll give ya a ride anyway, just the kind of guy I am.....

I will be waiting by the back door waiting for my ride.:D

Gas and more gas...

Beatlefred, it takes a good coffebreak to fill her up, 26 gallons:eek:
And she like the "good stuff" :rolleyes:
But to make the 429 engine purr smooth and roar when using those 340 hp (new), probably lost a few down the highway it's a fun car to drive.:cool:
Found her in Dallas when a movieproducer lost his storage for 15 cars !! A nice black Thunderbird from 1965 with red interior almost was the one until I drove the 66 Caddy :D
Like new , not been abused and still original paint and drivetrain.
Bought her 1997 and still a daily driver without any major repairs:D
Don't remember the weight but she is a solid tank BeatleFred.:p:

Same story, millerdog. I think you're referring to the oil filler cap. Replacement part for original equipment,,,,

Another good guess though, looks like I'll have to put the back seat belts in too....

Actually, it's kind of a tough question, you really have to know your old cars.

Here's a hint- it was a government mandated change starting in 1967 for all cars, not just Darts....

Cheers

Lee

something very esoteric in me wants to mention those torsion rods that hold the hood up. That was before they used springs.
No?

We Have a Winner!

Bingo! on the dual master cylinder, millerdog!

'67 was the year the feds mandated dual MC's on all vehicles. It's the first thing anyone should do on an older one so this doesn't happen-
http://www.slantsix.com/UBB/Forum6/HTML/002023.html

I blew a flexible hose on the wagon but was still able to drive on the rears.

It is a little tough to see in the pic, but the single MC was round and the duals were rectangular.

It is also possible to upgrade to front discs by snatching spindles, control arms,rotors, etc. from later Darts, Dusters, etc., but unless I turn it into a daily driver, I can live with the drums.

Good job and the next time you're in SE MN, I'll give you the grand tour of the blufflands of the Upper Mississippi! We'll have to use the 2/50 air conditioning though--What's that?..........

Ciao!

Lee

BF your car was stolen and you never got it back :eek: That must be quite a shock and hassle not to mention heartbreaking if you had a bond with your car :(

Slant 6

Hey Guys

I just saw the thread.
I had a 73 Dodge Dart with the slant 6. Best car I ever had. Only one problem. The windshield leaked and I had a large puddle of water on the left front floorboard when it rained hard.I kept a dish pan handy LOL. The guy I bought it from traded it in for that same reason. We never figured where the leak came from out. Tried sealing everything and even resealing the windshield.
My ex wife had a 73 Dart with the 8 cyl. It leaked the very same way.Design flaw I suppose.

I tweaked my slant 6 a bit. Removed the auto choke & instaled a manual choke and played with the carb jets. During the fuel crisis days and I was getting 22 MPG.
I finally had to sell it as I couldn't transfer in and out of it with my wheelchair. My shoulders just wore out after 16 years of transferring.

Fond memories :)

~Shadow

I had one for a while, CRS what model or year, but was in the mid-70s. Talk about a bare-bones car, but it did have a radio and automatic transmission.
Sure seemed a dependable engine.

Hi THOR- Yeah, I was reeaaal upset when it happened, 3/27/95, (I'm good with dates :), but I'm over it now. I live in a very nice, safe neighborhood, but back then, here, car theft was like an epidemic, its a bit better now. What sucked was I didnt have theft insurance, so when the car was stolen, I was out a bit of $$. Thieves are very fond of Honda Accords but I'm hoping my '87 is too old for them to want to want to be bothered at all to take it now.

The Accord has been newly redesigned for '03 but I like the '86-'89 style with the pop-up lights- pretty cool. I know I wont scare any BMW owners on the road but I think the Accord is a very dependable car.

Regards, B/F

I also wanted to mention that when my 87 Galant was stolen back in '95, after that- I no longer parked my car out on the street in the front of the house, and Ive since kept my Honda locked in the backyard.

(As you may tell from photo, all the houses are attached on my block, there's an alleyway that runs thru the back)

B/F

I drove my mom's 73 Duster with the slant six when I was 16. It was a good engine... until I turned on the A/C! Cold A/C and good pick-up didn't mix in that car.

Just before I turned 17, I got my own Duster for 400 bucks... a '72 pictured below. This one has the 318... little more zap than the 225! I've been driving this car 17 years and it only let me down once... when the timing chain jumped at 137,000 miles. It now has 215,000. I just can't seem to get rid of it!

Who's that gorgeous model on that beautiful car?

Lee

P.S. I wouldn't be too quick to get rid of it, lots of guys hotroddin' Dusters. Ah Texas, the land of rust free cars...

That would be my kid Alissa. She likes the Duster and my 67 Galaxie as well.

Someone had mentioned leaky windshields on an A-body. Seems that if you have a leak in the front that ends up on your feet, it is due to those little cheesy gaskets where the windshield-wiper shafts are mounted. Hell, you can cut out your own to replace them, or can find them online. Seems I've seen them in the Year One catalog.

Here's another shot from the front.

Ahhhh my duster musta been from around that time cuz it looked like that, well except for every body panel being a different color and big patches of bondo and the mismatched bucket seats mounted to the floor with 2 x 4's, yours probably doesn't have the extension cord, electric tape, push button starter, the guy had installed when he lost his keys. Best thing was the air shocks, little air nozzle on the bumber, you could hit it with an air hose or let air out and make the rear end any height you wished, looked awsome like 2' above the little skinny tires it had. Man what a great car! Best $100 I ever spent!

Back
Top Bottom