Any other "treble-lovers" out there...or just me?

I was truly expecting the OP to state he doesn't use dolby (I like treble and never us dolby for listening), no way did I expect turning the treble all the way up....lol. AK never ceases to entertain!

When was the last time you went to a live un amplified concert and had your ears tuned up. Paul Klipsch recommended folks do it periodically. That way folks wouldn't be led astray by exaggerated sound system components reproducing the same music in the home. If you want to turn up the highs at a live concert, you really need to have your hearing checked.

I use to like to boast the treble up as well, but not full treble. But now that I have a better system and gone to a system with no tone controls I have gotten to where I like a less hot top end. You have to just make yourself spend time in the neutral zone for a few weeks and then you will find the other way sounds annoying. I did spend quite a bit of my younger years working in a steel mill pouring steel into some continuous castors, and the arc furnaces are something everyone should spend a few hours near as one doesn't know what loud is until they have a chance to hear those three big electrodes hit a furnace full of scrape steel. It is truly an uncomfortable sound that doesn't just end quickly. It takes about 4 hours to get that furnace to the point of a flat bath of molten steel and then the sound is a steady 60 cycle hum that vibrates the very joints of your bones. Prior to that the noise is like a 1000 city buses just taking turns steady smashing into each other at a cool 60 miles an hour, just a tremendous banging and metal crashing sound that last for hours. And then don't forget if for some reason you have one of those big tree trunk size electrodes break, that is like a lighting bolt explosion and many times three or four in a row, sometimes it would startle the crap out of you as it come unexpectedly. Thankfully it is so loud you really can't work in the area without ear muffs it is just to uncomfortable, down right pain full.

Last edited:
I've seen videos of an arc furnace but have never experienced one live.

I think my ears would be unhappy with boosted treble. If anything I'll take it down a touch on a few recordings I have.

When was the last time you went to a live un amplified concert and had your ears tuned up.

Does such a thing even exist these days? Even classical orchestras are often using supplemental electronic amplification. If you want to listen to an electronic reproduction you may as well stay home and listen to CDs on a good system.

Hi gang, well it seems to me that whatever system i've had (or currently running), i've always had to adjust the treble to the max...and sometimes it wasn't enough to bring out the full hi's. Is it just me that feels this way? maybe it's just my ears? :dunno:
fab

Could be something you always done and you like the sizzle on top. Some people don't have that knob anyway, and can't hear the diff between a speaker cover on or cover off.
So I would not worry about it .Could be worse you could be a bass head! :D

Best-

Boozehound

Last edited:
Someone mentioned a recap of your speakers. Old caps will cut the treble. I recently put new caps in some 35 year old Tannoys and the highs were noticeably improved.

[QUOTE="fabchef, post: 10220679, member: 9873". my speakers are ok[/QUOTE]

To be sure you could play some high frequency test tones and measure with a sound meter. Download some tones and a free cell phone app will do the trick.

One is more likely to suffer a hearing loss from high spl of the higher frequencies.

I like treble just as much as midrange and bass.

Ear wax removal kits aren't what they used to be. I remember when they worked. But possibly they have dumbed down on the solution or something to make it "safer" for us consumers. Even when the kits worked well, it was a process to get the best results. A trip to a ear/nose/throat DR, who can really put things right quick and easy, is a good investment, especially for a music lover. He could also test for hearing loss and possibly end this guessing game... IMHO of course

Back
Top Bottom