Any Other Type 34 Ghia Lovers?

Sounds like we need to start an air-cooled Volkwagen thread on here. I've never owned one, but always wanted one. For my first car, I either wanted a Bug or a Mini. My dad test drove a Bug for me and hated it. Luckily, a genuine Mini Cooper came up at a good price. Mini Cooper is a term that gets thrown around a lot, but only a small portion of Minis were REAL Coopers. The real ones all had disc brakes on the front, remote gearshifts, and higher tuned engines. Even the 998cc Coopers had 55hp from the factory.

Lee.

That's it! I've started one...

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/air-cooled-volkswagen-appreciation-thread.816952/

If your 68 was on an IRS pan, it was either a first year autostick, or it was not the original pan.
Not the original pan. The serial number under the back seat had been chiseled off. Someone had done a fair bit of work to that pan, the whole thing was fiberglassed. I wanted to pick up a Manx dune buggy on a completely shot pan to stick onto that one after I wrecked the car, but the person wanted way too much for what it was.

Back
Top Bottom