any outside source for wood boxes for magnavox 8802, 3, 8601s?

76216564-80FC-475E-B815-8BF3FFF67EED.jpeg Do you mean like this? What you see here is a Magnavox 8802 mounted in the pull out drawer which contained the turntable in a ratty old RCA console. Keep an eye out for old consoles that open from the front, not the top. They almost always have a drawer containing a turntable and occasionally a tape machine.

This is a 185 chassis, but it works for all of them if you do all your inputs / outputs / power connections topside .. Basically a mitered *box* cut to fit, then veneered. . I never did find a ready made source for trim / enclosures... Once I got a system down, it would take me about 2 hours combined to finish one (gotta let the glue dry overnight, wait, we don't count that )... Maybe 20 bucks in materials ?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1524531730064.jpg
    FB_IMG_1524531730064.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 36
I did all of this with just a Stanley miter box 20-800, $30 or so. First time too,SAM_0642.JPG SAM_0649.JPG SAM_0617.JPG SAM_0615.JPG for any woodworking. That link you have looks sweet tho. Woodworking club in your hood?

I leave the bottoms open. No little ones running around the house here. Plus the feet I add only leave about a 1/4" gap. With wood trim added toddler's fingers wouldn't be long enough to reach inside. I have thought of using peg board or perforated steel.

I would love to be the guy who could do the wood, but I'm not at that part of my life at the moment. i have room to fix console pull amps, but really need to make them more "presentable" for others. anyone have any ideas for outside sources for boxes (i suppose if I cut out a hole on https://www.amazon.com/Espresso-Sta...UTF8&qid=1524458309&sr=1-17&keywords=wood+box and then undermounted them on the lid?). I'd like to hear from you-

These guys here have some great ideas to case your amp and I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something that will please YOU, it really doesn't matter what others think of it as long as it works and you like it, we all have our own tastes, "Eye of the Beholder". It really doesn't take much, I didn't know how to do a lot things but, that never stopped me from trying and trying till I got it right to suit myself and that includes woodworking.I reckon that stems from me never being able to afford someone else to do it for me or purchasing ready made. But, I think it's a good attitude no matter what situation ones in.

Back
Top Bottom