Any Portland Oregon clubs?

Discussion in 'Regional Clubs' started by Aaron99, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Aaron99

Aaron99 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have seen a few AK here from Portland Oregon, Vancouver WA area. Any interest in a local club? I am not an expert, but would love to learn and network with more knowledgeable members.

2. HedgeHog@PDX

HedgeHog@PDX New Member

I'm in Beaverton. Don't contribute much, but value what I do find on the forums!

darkblue94 and Aaron99 like this.
  3. Mister Pig

Mister Pig Pigamus Maximus Subscriber

Well I am in Olympia. A bit far away, but have an interesting piece of two here.

Regards
    Mister Pig

Aaron99 likes this.
  4. hnash53

hnash53 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'm on the central coast in Oregon. Wish we could all get together sometime, someplace.

Aaron99 likes this.
  5. jchrist

jchrist New Member

I am in the Portland area. I would enjoy a meet up sometime soon!

6. ryfox0276

ryfox0276 Active Member

Also in the Portland area, been a while since I've posted here but thought I'd speak up and say that I too would love to meet fellow AK'ers of the area

7. Yamaki

Yamaki Not For Hire Subscriber

I'm in Hillsboro and I'd like to meet up with some AK'rs in the area too!

8. darkblue94

darkblue94 It wasn't me. Subscriber

I'm interested, count me in. :thumbsup:

9. hnash53

hnash53 AK Subscriber Subscriber

So when/where are we getting together? Let's drink beer and listen to tunes and equipment!!

10. jchrist

jchrist New Member

I think where is the biggest question at the moment.

11. Yamaki

I think yer right. Maybe we meet at a local eatery, have the beverage and meal of our choice, and get to know one another?

Then we can move on from there.

12. Sunny61

Sunny61 Active Member

I'm up in the Tacoma area, but after an upcoming three month road trip I'll end up in Portland. Would be great to hook up with you guys then.

13. Yamaki

About when will you be in PDX, Sunny61?

14. Sunny61

Sunny61 Active Member

Not until July on a permanent basis. I'm actually putting everything in storage and will be in my rv after the first of April. I will spend most of April in Portland before I head to Idaho to fish the Henry's Fork for two months. I have to give up one passion for another every so often. I could meet up with you sometime in April but, of course, I won't have any of my kit available. I'll let you know when I head down.

-Sunny

15. Yamaki

Sounds good! So you are headed to Ashton or thereabouts?

16. Sunny61

Sunny61 Active Member

I am! I'll fish the tail waters in May and work my way up to Last Chance and the Ranch for June. Have you had the pleasure of fishing the Fork?

17. ScottFan355

ScottFan355 Active Member

I'm in Portland, count me in! I say we set a date to meet up at a bar, and then if someone with the space is willing to host after meeting up, we all bring food/drinks to show appreciation for our host. Not to mention pitching in to make the place spotless afterwards. I could have hosted a few months ago but alas, my landlord sold my house and I'm now living in a small apartment. All too common a story here in Portland (anyone thinking of moving here - don't!!! the weather is as bad as they say - stay away lol!!!!).

On another note has anyone had any work done by Pat at Classic Tube Audio? I have a Scott tube amp that needs work. I'm most likely sending it to Craig at NosValves as he is apparently the man as far as Scott equipment goes and having him do the work will ensure it's future value (as well as most likely giving me a perfecly functioning amp). But it would be nice not to ship it...

jchrist likes this.
  18. Sunny61

Sunny61 Active Member

Lots of opinions and reviews both good and bad. I would think twice about dealing with him. Definitely do some research.

19. darkblue94

darkblue94 It wasn't me. Subscriber

I have had nothing but absolutely fantastic experiences with Pat @ Classic Tube Audio. He is a great guy and he knows what the hell he is doing. He offers top notch service and guarantees his work. He's rebuilt my McIntosh tube gear as well as my Fisher, Pilot and Heathkit tube gear. He has sold and serviced several Scott pieces to a close friend of mine and they both work and sound fantastic.

20. ScottFan355

ScottFan355 Active Member

I've only found the one negative review, do you know of others? Like I said, leaning heavily towards Craig, I just hate the idea of shipping my amp.