Any Q-3535 Stereo Tube Amp Owners?

johnny_fever

Sansui Addict. No Serious. Not Kidding.
Subscriber
I just recently found a Sansui Q-3535 Amp. This was Sansui's first Stereo Amp introduced in 1958. I would like to know if anyone here has re capped the mighty Q? Besides it would be cool to See how many Q-3535's we dig up. The Q has a decent foot print. 17" X 11" Thanks Fever...

Attachments

• Q35.jpg
    Q35.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 123
  • Q-1.jpg
    Q-1.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Sounds great on the AR-9's But you can hear a hum when hooked up to the K Horns. I want to re cap the unit but Im having a hard time identifying a Mica cap in picture. Thanks Rick
PS Dig the original knobs.

Attachments

• Mica cap.jpg
    Mica cap.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Tube Table.jpg
    Tube Table.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 83
I purchesed this Amp from a real nice guy who recently sold me a Sansui V60 Amp. I just started getting into the Tube world in Jan...JF

Last edited:
Luck & A great Wife Helps. I remember the days of sneaking stuff in & brushing up on my tucking things away skills. I remember Bigears saying he could fit 20 9090's behind the couch LOL. Later Rick

Any chance you could just test that capacitor and see if it's bad? May be it doesn't need to be replaced :dunno:

If you've already done this, just disregard :)

Post 4 has picture of cap ( Value was found) Im worried about the burnt Resister so I was thinking of a total re cap. Thanks for asking. JF

Cool amp, would be a great match up for some nice efficent Sansui speakers. I think using that amp for a pair of AR9's is asking to much out of it. The AR9's need a lot of power and the Sansui tube amps were not made to power such hungry speakers. AR recommended a minimum of 175 watts per channel for those speakers and they do dip down pretty low on impedence, just don't think that amp is made to handle such speakers.

Last edited:
I hooked up the Sansui Q-3535 to the K-Horns. I just bought the Wife a pair of Mcintosh MC-60's and those are hooked to the AR9's. Over the past couple years I have had the Ca-3000 / BA-5000 hooked to the power hungry AR9's Later Rick

You've got a BA-5k too? Where are you finding all these gems?

No other owners have posted here (and I've never seen one for sale) so i'm guessing these stereo tube amps are a pretty rare item?

I think Bluesky said he seen 1 on E Bay in the last 8 years. I myself have been collecting for 6 years. Have been blessed to have found this stuff. JF

I saw a Q-3535 for sale in Germany about 3 or 4 years ago. Super minty and restored...and maintained annually. I can't remember what it sold for. I may have it written down somewhere. It looked beautiful, like new.

There was one other for sale on eBay Germany, or USA. That was 5 years ago plus.

Think I've seen one for sale on Yahoo Japan a few years ago too. Maybe.

So 3 in 6+ years. Yes, it's a nice find! One every 2 years! Rare.

Also they guy from Germany selling the Q-3535 was also selling his SP-200 (I think that's the model number - the matching preamp). Seen maybe 3 or 4 SP-200s sold in the last 6 years. Again, Germany and Yahoo Japan.

Very Rare find!! Really very nice!!

The Q-3535 is just such a 'fine looking' tube amp. The matching pre-amp is really nice looking too.

I'd love to have both.

Last edited:
You have one very nice and desireable Sansui there :yes: These look so cool and I'd love to have one for myself one day! It would benefit from some of those caps being replaced if you are able too, otherwise yeah awesome score!:banana:
Cheers
Glen

I thought new caps would do it justice. Funny how horn loaded speakers let you hear whats going on with your amp. As far as finding this stuff. When I started collecting I picked Sansui and thought I would attempt to do that well. Local & Global searches sure helped. I find other cool stuff to sell to support my Sansui habit. Later Rick

Back
Top Bottom