Any recommendations for replacement tweeters for DCM CX-17 speakers?

Noticed that other DCM CX-17 owners are using this model and report good results. They are so cheap, what do you have to lose by trying them?

GeeDeeEmm

I may have one from my tf600 I think they're the same. I did use the one's from parts express on mine and liked the change. You would have to replace the other tweeter. The one I have says sept 2 1993 on the magnet. Let me know if I can help.

I bought four of these to replace the rear tweeters for my TF600 as I was told cx17 (which I also own and love) share the same tweeter/woofer combo. It sounds fine and fit was perfect. Good luck.

I bought four of these to replace the rear tweeters for my TF600 as I was told cx17 (which I also own and love) share the same tweeter/woofer combo. It sounds fine and fit was perfect. Good luck.
Thanks cabby.
I may have one from my tf600 I think they're the same. I did use the one's from parts express on mine and liked the change. You would have to replace the other tweeter. The one I have says sept 2 1993 on the magnet. Let me know if I can help.
Since I need 2 I think I'll just order a pair. Thanks for the offer though loose ends!

Madisound sells various Audax tweeters. Several look similar to the DCM tweeters. My 1st gen Boston A40s used Audax tweeters as well. Very good tweeters for the price.

Specifically, are you referring to the
Audax TW010E1?

All the polymer Audax tweeters are pretty much the same. The main difference if the shape of the face plate. So, of those available, the TW010E1 is the closest to DCM style.

All the polymer Audax tweeters are pretty much the same. The main difference if the shape of the face plate. So, of those available, the TW010E1 is the closest to DCM style.
Have you or anyone else tried both the Goldwood and Audex and compared the sound? I got the Goldwood at about 2 bucks a piece and Audex looks like its about 7 per. Nobody is going to go broke buying either, but I'm interested in the difference in quality of sound. I was shocked when I received the Goldwood since it appeared to be decent quality, especially at that price.

Installed the Goldwoods today. They fit perfectly and sound pretty good, just a little "sharper" with more treble than the old ones. I'll probably will turn down the receiver's treble control a little to compensate.

As cabby asked, has anyone heard both the Goldwoods and the Audex tweeters? If so, what's the difference?

I rotate my garage system quite a bit ( both speaker and amp ), and just subbed in my cx-17 again. These guys sound so good. Completely pleasing to the ears like all DCM's I've come across. One of the best bargains if you can find some.

Back
Top Bottom