Any Reel guys interested in a tape swap?

Gotcha, I'm so used to NAB hubs and big reels that I forgot about the small holes on big reels.....or something along them lines :lmao:

I plan on two rotations at the same time. One set of guys running 10.5 and one running 7. I will participate in both rotations, as I can do both.

Wardsweb said:
I plan on two rotations at the same time. One set of guys running 10.5 and one running 7. I will participate in both rotations, as I can do both.

Double me up too, Luther! :thmbsp:

Hey i'd like to get in on this but the only thing i'm classic country and country gospel don't know if i would fit in.Would love to swap with anybody with the same interest.Not trying to hijack this thread thanks.
Mushy

mushy said:
Hey i'd like to get in on this but the only thing i'm classic country and country gospel don't know if i would fit in.Would love to swap with anybody with the same interest.Not trying to hijack this thread thanks.
Mushy
Hey, can't live in Texas and not like country. That would be unAmerican. I grew up with both kinds of music: country and western. Willie Nelson and my Dad were buddies growing up, so he use to come over to the house on Sundays for living room jam sessions. So, from Willie to George Strait and some Ray Price thrown in, I'm game. PM me your address and what size tape you run.

mushy said:
Mushy

Mushy .. Country is right up there ... I worked as a sound guy for a local country band for years .. still do every so often .. I've did sound and recorded the Grand Rapids steel show for 5 years till they quit. Your in good company partner. :music:

Steve

You'se guys are gonna make me spend a few hours in touch with my R2R this weekend aren't ya? That's fine with me if I can squeak out some extra hours to get in on this adventure.

I have my tape ready to go. Someone is going to get a reel treat!

No country for me, thanks!

I have a few ready as well. Gonna stick with the 7's, that way just about everyone can enjoy them.

And umm....No country for me either please.

Mr Slabi said:
And umm....No country for me either please.
Yes, I will second that request.

Perhaps if we have enough folks (as it looks like we do), this should be organized by Musical preference to some degree? Maybe we could have a like a Jazz rotation, a Classical rotation, a Rock/Pop rotation, and an ... <ahem> country rotation? Then people could sign-up for which rotations they wanted to be in on. And you could sign-up for multiple rotations, if you have wider tastes (like me), or if you want to be exposed to different musical styles. :thmbsp:

This is getting too complicated.

I like the original plan of making a tape of music you like and wish to share and then sending it off. I'm not a country fan myself, but there are also other genres I don't care for either, and I'm not asking anyone not to send me this or that.

Half the fun, heck, ALL the fun, here is to listen to anothers' sampler and to check out the recording and tape.

If you don't like what's on the tape, hit the FF, or just pack it up and send it to the next guy. :yes:

Sign me up.

Any/ all music is fine with me. I think the best way to discover new formats is to be open minded.

OK here is what I have for now. There will be two rotation groups. You record in 7.5ips, 1/4 track stereo. This means you have a forward play in stereo and a reverse play in stereo. To keep this simple you record any music you want. It gets sent to the next guy in the list. The last guy in the list send his to the first guy in the list. This continues until your tape returns to you. I will set some time frame to listen before sending the tape on. If you receive a tape you do not care for, just send it on. There will be no bashing of others music taste. Besides you may find you like something you've never heard before. Thats all part of the fun. You may start making a tape now, but do not send it yet. I will arrange the names so everyone is as close as I can get to the same distance apart.

10.5" Group
Forum Member Name
Klipsch dwilawyer
Klipsch tarheel
Klipsch bluesboy
AudioKarma wardsweb
AudioKarma pen_man
AudioKarma goldear
AudioKarma tapehead
AudioKarma wordman001
AudioKarma andyman

7.5" Group
AudioKarma wardsweb
AudioKarma johncan
AudioKarma mr slabi
AudioKarma mhardy664
AudioKarma dr*audio
AudioKarma boxoboom
AudioKarma mushy

I like the pace of this, since I sometimes tend to move a little slowly on certain extracurricular activities (i.e., anything that actually takes some effort on my part)!

Thanks for organizing, Luther!

cheers, y'all.

over-achiever!
I've thought about plugging my tape deck in...
hmm... I guess y'all know where the chain might break.

;-)

Back
Top Bottom