Any Reel guys interested in a tape swap?

Discussion in 'Tape' started by Wardsweb, Aug 31, 2006.

1. stoutblock

stoutblock If it sounds good, it is good... Subscriber

I am tempted to get in on this. (I know I have said that before). I would have to dust off my Akai GX635D to do four track recording.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. I sent off the 4 track recording headblock for my Technics to JRF for re-lapping and should have it back next week so I'm ready to go for such a swap!

3. Jim Santoro

Jim Santoro New Member

Count me in also please. Have not read the 200 post prior, but I can do 10", 7.5" 7.5IPS 4 track.
    Jim

4. safebet

safebet Long live vintage! Subscriber

Interested too in a 7" 7.5I IPS 4 track swap. Biggest challenge will be thinking about and picking some good cuts to record. Strictly vinyl or whatever we got goes?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  5. Catcher10

Catcher10 Prog-tastic!

As previously stated, there are enough for a swap but need someone to step up and run it. I don't have time for such a task, too much going on with travel and HS lacrosse starting soon that I coach.

I only make tapes from vinyl, but others do vinyl, CD, digital files.....so yea whatever.

safebet and judsonw like this.
  6. safebet

I'd like to be a hero and step right up but work is pushing a lot of projects for completion. I value follow through for this group effort but also my paycheck. :rolleyes:

For what it's worth I see the following have expressed interest:

mkuhl2000
    LAB3
    Skylab
    AlexanderEli
    phantomrebel
    Catcher10
    rs732
    stoutblock
    Jim Santoro
    safebet

7. Catcher10

Catcher10 Prog-tastic!

I would be in, but need time to make a tape. Leaving town on Feb 9th thru the 20th.........

8. safebet

I'd need a little time too.

9. stoutblock

stoutblock If it sounds good, it is good... Subscriber

Right now I can only do 2 track. My 4 track recorder is out of rotation right now.

10. SoundGammon

SoundGammon New Member

I've got an Akai 630D-SS that I've been planning to do some 4-channel tapes! I plan to mix-down a few DTS 5.1 cds to 4-channel Quad sound. Moody Blues-Days Of Future Passed, Steve Miller-Fly Like An Eagle, Steely Dan-Aja, Steely Dan's Two Against Nature DVD live, Police-Greatest Hits. Also some DVD-Audio discs to 4-channel sound, Eagles-Hotel California, Fleetwood Mac-Rumours, Metallica-Black album. Then I have a nice collection of quad 8-tracks including Edgar Winter Group-They Only Come Out At Night, Judy Collins-Best Of, Gordon Lightfoot-Sundown, Jeffferson Airplane-Worst Of, Bachman-Turner II and others. Also just picked up Best Of The Guess Who by Mobile Fidelity on cd with the original quad sound remastered!

11. jdwk

jdwk AK Subscriber Subscriber

what a great idea as long as you have great heads on the akai.

12. safebet

I can do quad too, 1/4 inch 7.5 or 15, but was still hoping to get this current 7.5 ips 4 track stereo swap off the ground. There's close to a dozen or so with interest and I've begun making selections based on that format.

Might be wrong, but my guess is there would be fewer takers for a quad swap but that may be to advantage; to get a smaller group rolling more quickly.