Any requests?

BrianB

AK Vendor Emeritus
Subscriber
Well, I was originally planning on showing off some completely new systems at AK-Fest 2006, but several folks have requested that I bring back last year's "big rig", which consisted of (a) a Lector CDP-0.6T CD player, (b) a Blue Note NSCS integrated amplifier, and (c) a pair of Shahinian Obelisk loudspeakers. I plan on honoring these requests, although the NSCS I'll be bringing this year will be fully decked out (dual stepped attenuators, etc.).

But I've still got plenty of room to bring other gear as well. So, are there any other products I carry that folks would like to hear at the show? Here is a link to a complete list of my product lines:

http://www.venushifi.com/products.shtml

Cheers,
Brian
Venus Hi-Fi

P.S. In order to ensure that everyone has a chance to hear pristine examples of my products, I will not be loaning any of my gear to Salk Sound this year... :no:

How does one improve on perfection? (IMO)

Put some vinyl capability with the BC/Shahinian, and own the show.

Last edited:
Does the Lector SACD player leave the DSD stream unmolested Brian or does it convert to PCM? I know I can't hear it in my kind of system (high-efficiency speakers and 45, 2A3 or 300B SET) but a tube output true SACD player certainly interests me.

Hi Bill,

For whatever reason, Lector's universal player remains unavailable in North American - and details about its inner workings remain sketchy. If and when the U.S. importer gets more information about this player, I'll let you know...

Cheers,
Brian

Yup, we'll have a pair of Druids set up in the Zu room, powered by a variety of amps including the Almarro A205A and possibly the Yamamoto A-08S.

Back
Top Bottom