Any reviews for Yamaha NS-20T Natural Sound Speakers?

Carlo1208

I want to upgrade my speakers. I currently have a Klipsch R-15M bookshelf speakers. Would buying these Yamaha's be an upgrade. I'm mostly interested in them for their size. They're better for the set up I have in my room. Better than having the bookshelf speakers.

EDIT: My bad guys. I put 20T. They're actually 25T's. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
The T series are very nice sounding speakers. The 20T's are lower down the line but I'm sure they will be just fine.
I can't say how they'd compare to the klipsch you have but I doubt you'll go wrong with them.

I have the NS-690ii and they are phenomenal, the 1000 are, well, 310 better.. :) .

You can't go wrong with the NS-1000. Unless you are a bass-head because the Japanese sound (speaker-wise) of this series is known for not being a "punch you in the face" kind of bass. DO NOT take that to mean they have no bass... they do! And enough bass to keep most people happy; but for example, if you like to hear "Believer" by Imagine Dragons in all of it's deep down low glory, the NS-1000 will need a little help on the bottom.

I've spent quite a bit of seat time with my set of NS-20T and I like them. For whomever researches these down the road, these are my findings:
They needed an L-pad installed for the tweeter (cheap from Parts-Express). Once I did this and was able to dial in the tweeter level, they are incredible speakers for smaller to medium sized rooms.
Very, very good imaging, sweet treble. Slightly forward mids. Fast, dry, dynamic mid-bass. Not much low bass to speak of. Although they are 8" woofers, keep in mind they are sealed and from an era in which small speakers didn't make a ton of bass like modern speakers do.
I did recap mine with high quality film caps for a few bucks. The crossovers are 2nd order hi and low pass, with air core inductors, so no skimping here.
I enjoy my set of NS-20T and will keep it in the rotation, they're lovely speakers once an l-pad is installed (all the bigger siblings in the x0T and x5T line came with l-pads for the tweets).
HTH

Back
Top Bottom