1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Any Tablo OTA/DVR users here?

Discussion in 'Home Theater & Video' started by Erik Tracy, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Super Member

I'm investigating cord cutting options and one thing left to do is to get OTA channels distributed to other rooms in my house.

I'd like to have one antenna set up with the best reception, then distribute it to the other tv rooms.

Not interested in hiring someone to drill holes and route coax throughout the house, and plan on keeping existing coax drops for internet modem flexibility.

Was initially looking at HDHomerun that would take OTA channels and distribute them to my in-house wifi network.

But, I've committed to Roku as the streaming hardware and HDHomerun doesn't support Roku, and I don't want to set up a DLNA server and side load an app to the Roku devices for this.

I was thinking of getting Amazon Fire Sticks for some of the tvs since they DO support HDHomerun and switching between Roku (for streaming content like DirecTV Now, etc) and Fire Stick to get the OTA signals from the HDHomerun.

Then, read about Tablo which does support Roku - but not so good things about Tablo and sporting events.

So....any Tablo users out there with some experience/comments about watching live sporting events?

How's the picture quality, motion smoothness?

Please register to disable this ad.