Any Vintage Onkyo Owners?

Secondary system I put together for a gift. A-7, T-9 and Boston CR8's. Sounds great.

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

This is my Integra 732, outside and inside.
All connection wiring goes from a top cover to the back.....

It has one preamp channel defective (tape is okay) and unfortunately, some front text paint...

therefore, please contact me if you have a schematic!!! It seems nowhere to be found, it would make troubleshooting easier as it has some rather complicated wiring inside as you can see on the pictures...

for a 1972 amp, it is quite impressive, 2 x 56 watts and a moving coil input..

onkyo-integra-732-1.jpg

onkyo-integra-732-2.jpg

onkyo-integra-732-3.jpg

onkyo-integra-732-4.jpg

onkyo-integra-732-5.jpg

Last edited:
This is my Integra 732, outside and inside.
All connection wiring goes from a top cover to the back.....

It has one preamp channel defective (tape is okay) and unfortunately, some front text paint...

therefore, please contact me if you have a schematic!!! It seems nowhere to be found, it would make troubleshooting easier as it has some rather complicated wiring inside as you can see on the pictures...

for a 1972 amp, it is quite impressive, 2 x 56 watts and a moving coil input..

onkyo-integra-732-1.jpg

onkyo-integra-732-2.jpg

onkyo-integra-732-3.jpg

onkyo-integra-732-4.jpg

onkyo-integra-732-5.jpg

Now THAT'S a pile o' parts if I've ever seen one.

Ive got an awesome tx8500 on my main with some ads l710. Sounds killer.

You should try the TX-8500 with larger speakers, esp like JBL's. My friend had his TX-8500 with a pair of JBL 4425, and I was blown away. We swapped in a Sansui G-9000, but it just didn't have the same synergy....

Mine is a new acquired TX-3000, and I love the smooth sound it has. I now listen to it, while my 7.1 onkyo/klipsch surround sits nice and idle. I haven't even turned it (the surround system that I loved and had to have), on since I got my new (old) system.

Onkyo A-65

Just picked this up for 20 bucks. It has a dead short hopefully it is just the filter caps as they have leaked.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 76
I've owned several Onkyo & Onkyo Integra pieces over the years. My first Integra purchase was this cassette deck in the mid 1980's. I just sold it on ebay. All it needed was a belt replacement but it only fetched $17.00. I paid $500.00 back in the day, and that translates North of $1000 in adjusted $. No more "no reserve!" ebay sales for this boy.

Nice deck, had the same one. Regret selling it (to get me hands on a TA-2800 though)

TX1500 MK2 - Bedroom setup. Exceptionally clean and just a nice little small room piece of equipment

TX8500 - Super special to me. Curbside find left for dead, Cleaned it up and a few hours later i had this incredible machine, Power switch still missing, I use a separate way of powering it on and off until i finally get round to replacing it. I have probably put 600 Hours on it, The sound is magical. I have it paired with some Dahlquist M905's - I will never let this one go

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=580244

My main system is powered by TX4500mkii, when I first got it I replaced a marantz 2220B but was way to much wattage for the jvc speakers I was running. So I moved it upstairs to replace my yamaha CR1040. Now it feels right at home powering some Advents. I couldn't be much happier with my Onkie, although I kinda miss the green glow from the yammie and the blue glow from the marantz! But all in all it's one of the nicest looking pieces I've ever owned! I will never get rid of my Onkie!

Thanks for bumping this thread guys. I have a TX-2500 mkII from the thrift store. It was yellow from cigarette smoke and had one channel out. I cleaned all the switches and pots and wiped a that tar off. It works and sounds great so far. I have about 50 hours on it, I hope it holds up as I like it a lot.

IMG_20150927_195759583.jpg

glad you bumped the thread. Onkyo used to make some serious tube stuff, too. Why they took down that site? I don't know. it was history.

If you're including speakers, I have a pair of 25s. I didn't want to go through 25 pages of posts.

Saw the JVC thread and though I'd bump this one up for the Onkyo fans. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom