Any watch a movie/TV series just for the main actor/actress?

Another controversial artist who may have personal issues, but really makes a story.

movieposter.jpg
51TiXRZCo7L._SY445_.jpg

220px-The_Signs_movie.jpg
v1.bTsxMTE2NzkyMTtqOzE3ODE0OzEyMDA7ODAwOzEyMDA

220px-Lethal_Weapon_Coverart.png
MV5BMTM4Mjg5ODEzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDc3NDk0NA@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
I first became a Gibson fan because of this film:

Not really, but I'll watch types of movies. For instance, I like action movies and it seems that certain actors tend to playin them. For instance, Bruce Willis plays the disgruntled Jersey guy well, Denzel Washington is also pretty good in that genre. Keany Reeves seems to be ,making a name for himself with his John Wick Franchise. Likewise, the original Star Wars. I loved them but the characters were incidental. Harrison Ford was able to carry that persona over to his other roles as well.

But, I am fascinated by anything Simon Pegg has a hand in.

But, as of late, I'm tempted to avoid works by actors who think they know what us working stiffs are dealing with and feel qualified to preach to us on political matters from their high, gated, tower.

No one told Ed Harris he’s “no longer with us”...

:)

Just checked this out and found out that it was in fact a hoax out of Facebook that he had passed on. I kinda remembered reading about this at the time, but didn't follow up on Snopes or source. I wasn't too sure of this, and mentioned this as such if you look back.

Q

Last edited:
"Underrated", I think....his performance in "American Psycho" was riveting, as was his part in "Rescue Dawn" (which I just watched the other day). Good stuff....

I also liked Beale in "American Hustle" as well. Another morph on his part. Personally, I liked this big screen offering, but my daughter and I were at odds on liking this this movie. When asked why she felt this way, she said that I was a dead ringer for Beale back in the late 70's, clothes included. I just laughed this off, and had to agree with her when I took a second look.

Q

I kind of like Jessie Stone Series and Blue Bloods with Tom Selleck, I like Roger Moore stuff, to. I liked Errol Flynn as kid and still watch John Wayne, Jimmie Stewart, Kate Hepburn, and Steven Segal Movies. Fast and Furious movies intrigue me, as do Star Wars and transporter movies. I am a Harrison Ford Fan and do watch the later Sean Connery Flicks. I like Liam Nesson ( Sp?). I like tall brunettes so I am a Linda Carter and Gal Gadot fan. Sandra Bullock and Cary Grant would have been great together. I liked the Thin Man series. My Favorite Movie of all time is still Ben Hur, but I am looking forward to the new Avatars. Iam always intrigued with Flying movies, Memphis Belle, The Right Stuff, Midway, etc etc. I am also a Fan of Jimmy Cagne's later work. I didn't like him as punk ganster. I can always watch a Fred Astaire with either Ginger Rodgers or Cyd Charise.

Last edited:
I kind of like Jessie Stone Series and Blue Bloods with Tom Selleck, I like Roger Moore stuff, to. I liked Errol Flynn as kid and still watch John Wayne, Jimmie Stewart, Kate Hepburn, and Steven Segal Movies. Fast and Furious movies intrigue me, as do Star Wars and transporter movies. I am a Harrison Ford Fan and do watch the later Sean Connery Flicks. I like Liam Nesson ( Sp?). I like tall brunettes so I am a Linda Cater and Gal Gadot fan. Sandra Bullock and Cary Grant would have been great together. I liked the Thin Man series. My Favorite Movie of all time is still Ben Hur, but I am looking forward to the new Avatars. Iam always intrigued with Flying movies, Memphis Belle, The Right Stuff, Midway, etc etc. I am also a Fan of Jimmy Cagne's later work. I didn't like him as punk ganster. I can always watch a Fred Astaire with either Ginger Rodgers or Cyd Charise.

You've pulled quite a few greats from the present was well as from the past who were icons on the black and white screens. Liked your bringing together of "Sandra Bullock" and "Cary Grant" from the two different gens of stars. I've considered doing this several times as well.

In a previous comment about some of the actors getting "long in the tooth", and Liam Neeson was the actor that I was alluding to in my thoughts. At 66, even he stated on a talk show that he was amazed at still being asked to take part in these "Fast and Furious" movies. Could be, getting a 6' 4" hero are getting harder to get? Jack Reacher fans know what I mean.:D

Q

Last edited:
Being 6'-3" when younger but weighing under 190 lbs I never could move as fast as the shorter guys. So I guess thats why small guys are popular in the action flick movies. John Wayne wasn't fast on his feet and was known for his weird walking. So Nesonn is a rarity now days. Tom Selleck depends on his gun and his brain as Jessie and more on his wits in Blue Bloods. A few of the taller black actors are pretty nimble still. I think they were given a natural gift that we white Boys just don't have. Magic could slip around the Byrd with no effort it seemed with a big smile in the process. Basket ball just hasn't been the same , without Magic, Bryd and Michael J. Fred Astaire has always been my favorite male on the dance floor. Cagne was an oddity for sure, and whats his name from American in Paris, was just to stocky to be graceful, he was a power dancer for sure. As a soloist Nureyev was full of grace, power, and to full of himself or herself. . But for power and to prove white men can jump and partner women perfectly, I'll take Baryshnikov.

A couple come to mind who may not be actually that unknown. One is David Tennant first seen in Dr. Who which made me seek out the Broadchurch series. Another is Nathan Fillion who I first saw in Firefly and followed into Castle for all 8 seasons on DVD.

Back
Top Bottom