Anybody Else Goodwill Salvation Army Reducing There Vinly Section??

They either have 50 guys a day in my area combing thrifts for records and audio gear or they never get anything good. Ever.
More likely the former. I have been dry for a while but today at one thrift I found an Onkyo Integra A-8967 integrated for $5 and at another a pair of Boston Acoustics HD5 for another $5.

Not one decent LP in months at my local GW. Now they hold the good ones in back, and call dealers to come for them. I've objected, emphasized that I'd pay more than a dealer for good records, because he needs to resell for a profit and I don't. But no luck. I also saw a GW manager call a personal friend, who arrived in minutes and then carried two full boxes of prime, still sealed Classical records out the back door, without paying a cent — either a gift for her own listening pleasure, or to sell for their true value and divvy up the boodle with the manager later. Depending on the titles and the pressings, it could be a real payday.

Goodwill normally tanks on LP's in the Winter months, no garage sales or garage clean outs. Wait till the warmer weather hits.

Back
Top Bottom