Anybody ever heard or heard of Sylvania speakers?

OK, here's the story and pix. I built an entertainment system with built in speakers about 15 years ago. The built in speakers were a three way setup and I used the dome MR and HF from the Sylvania speakers as I loved how they sounded. The Sylvania 12"woofers were toast so I replaced them. Using the crossover and switch from the sylvania here is what it looked like in my home built cab...

cab-1.jpg

Here are the original cabs with other drivers in them...

cab-2.jpg

Here is the MR and HI out of the cabs...

syl-pr-1.jpg

MR...

syl-mr-1.jpg

syl-mr-2.jpg

HF...

syl-hf-1.jpg

syl-hf-2.jpg

and the crossover faceplate from the sylvania's...

syl-cr-1.jpg

All I know is I got these from my syster about 20 years ago and they were old then. The MR and HF drivers still sound excellent. Thanks for reminding me I had these :thmbsp:

kfa888,

Nice camera work. Thanks for the pics. BTW, those drivers were made in '72, same as mine IIRC. Since yesterday, I've spent quite a bit of time listening to my little Sylvania's. I must say, I am more and more impressed. These guys really are quite capable little speakers :scratch2:. - Mark

Mark,

I found a pair of the same model in our local thrift, they're a little rough, and need surrounds also. But they're $8.99 for the pair. I think I'll go get them.

Ron

yungin's-dad said:
Mark,

I found a pair of the same model in our local thrift, they're a little rough, and need surrounds also. But they're $8.99 for the pair. I think I'll go get them.

Ron

Cool. One thing I have noticed, they are not terribly difficult to over-power. That woofer can only take so much juice, but sounds pretty nice up to it's limit. BTW, the standard 8" (angled, IIRC) surrounds from RSSounds were a perfect fit and are very cheap. - Mark

Back
Top Bottom