Anybody had a chance to try out the Doge 7 tube dac?

I have not, Thanks for the link. I have never heard of this company. I also have a tube DAC based CD player. The California Audio Labs Alpha and Delta units and they sound fantastic. But my curiosity is piqued and have read some of their info in the web site. BTW, what type of speakers do you have?

Never heard of those California components before,
they look very well built though.
Recently dumped my Martin logan Vantage at half value due to circumstances,
-had them for a year without being able to set them up.
Sold to a musically challenged dude who was gonna use them for gaming.:confused:

Have since aquirred one set of Revel Performa a20 and JBL 4410 Studiomonitors.

Still don`t have a place to set it up,
but couldn`t let them pass.
Thinking to go for tubes in the electronics,
the Doge components are very transparent and detailed,
the cd-player with a gorgeuse liquid midrange.

The Doge`s might be to bright together with the 4410`s,
but should go very well with the Revel`s.
Conrad Johnsen would perhaps be the thing for the JBl`s.

Never had a chance to listen to McIntosh..

I see this is an older thread, but I just bought a Doge 7 DAC. I have had it for about 2 weeks.

The tubes that come with it are satisfactory but not particularly good at anything. I started by rolling in 4 Gold Lion 12AX7s. The change was clearly for the better. I am going to roll in 4 12AT7s this week.

My DAC reference point is an NAD M51, which is no slouch and already warmish sounding. The DOGE does do what they say it does on their website--it sounds more analog without losing detail. This is a great product at a fantastic price. Nicely laid out inside and good quality caps. I thought the hookup wire looked a touch below top grade status but I didn't measure it or even touch it. Very solid unit. It feels like a great product should. The remote is beautiful, simple and small. It's so solid too.

cool info prisoner!! how did the tube rolling go? been thinking about tube DAC.. what are your thoughts on the Doge 7 several months down the line?

Biggest "no sale" item for me ... no analog input? One thing I like about my Maverick TubeMagic, which allows me to route my turntable and other "classic" analog gear thru the DAC to get that tooby kinda pre treatment when I want to listen old skool.

d1_plus_back.jpg

Back
Top Bottom