Anybody Here ever heard of/Have one of these ?

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoor Adventure' started by Sandy G, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Sandy G

Sandy G Spiteful Old Cuss Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Back 1 Jan 2000, I went to Knoxville, to a gun show. I saw/took home a Wildey seni-auto pistol. Po' widdle thing, not even a decent a decent peashooter, really... Mine is .45 Winchester magnum, is 100% stainless, & has a 12" barrel, it would make a pretty credible club, should it ever come to that. I tossed it in the gun safe, kinda forgot about it, til a few days ago when I saw a Utube video on 'em. Ho-Lee Chit... I got online, found the company that made its website, & ordered an owners' manual. They-USA Firearms Co.- also make these blunderbusses in .44 Automag, & 475 Wildey Magnum. "Wildey" is the name of the designer, Wildey Moore. It was one of the 1st gas-operated semi-auto pistols, ever made. Mine is a rather ugly matte stainless finish, I asked the lady if I could send it back & have 'em upgrade it to a better-looking polished finish. You can also order either one of the other calibers, they have conversion kits. You kinda need one w/such a anemic, puny caliber like 45 Win mag.... Damn round is about the size of my pinkie....(Grin)

MaxxVolume and John James like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

3. Ross6860

Ross6860 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Death Wish 27, or whatever number it was...

HiFiAnon likes this.
  4. bowtie427ss

bowtie427ss arigato gozaimashita

Only one i've ever seen and put hands on ironically belonged to an AKer.

5. Sandy G

Glad I lucked up on that one back on New years Y2K. Don't remember what I paid for it, but it was NOTHING compared to the $2900 a matte version goes for now, $3K if you just gotta have the high-zoot polished version. I think I bought a box of ammo for it as well, can't find it, need to go check out my ammo dump. Gotten so weak inmy dotage, I can't even jack the slide back, so I can't take the beast apart. The outfit that makes it also makes 475 Wildey Mag, & .44 Auto Mag ammo, which may be of interest, as I think there's some other outfit that has cranked up production-Again- on copies of the original Harry Sanford style Auto-Magnums. Finding .44 Auto-Mag ammo has been strictly a "Roll-Yer-Own" reloading proposition for years now. I'd LOVE to have a Pasadena/Harry Sanford style Auto Mag pistol, but whats the quip about people in H3!! wanting ice water ?!? In any case, if any of youse yahoos ever drop by Uncle Sandy's place. & ask him nicely, he MIGHT let you play with a few of his exotical Loudenboomers.. This little peashooter, the class-3 Uzi, the .50AE Desert Eagle, one of my 2 Model 500 .50 Magnum S&W revolvers, If you're a female type grrl of the feminine persuation, I can assure you the Uzi does not bite, but no, I won't let you have it, no matter how much dinero or sex you offer....Mrs Unca Sandy kinda frowns on THAT....(grin)

John James likes this.
  6. kfalls

kfalls Super Member

Death Wish 3

Ross6860 likes this.

7. MaxxVolume

MaxxVolume Addicted Member

Yep....Wildey sent The Giggler to meet his maker....
    Never shot one of those hand cannons, but have experienced a few rounds through a .475 Linebaugh, and also a .454 Casull. Both quite memorable....

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    KentTeffeteller likes this.
  8. Sandy G

Even as expensive as these blunderbusses are, & apparently always have been, I'm surprised they didn't experience a huge surge in popularity/sales when DW3 came out. Maybe they did-I got the feeling when I called the factory, it was a "Mom 'n' Pop" kind of operation. Maybe they're kinda rare 'cause the company ain't Colt. S& W, & they just can't crank out a gazillion more of 'em by the 1st of the week.. Of course, Smith is currently in trouble over having made a bunch of guns that have "Cocked" barrels-The barrels are visibly out of alignment w/the frame of the gun, & Colt has done everything they can to get out of making guns that people might actually want to buy. you can't get a .22 LR Colt anymore, nor a Python, Anaconda-Their answer to the S&W model 29- or even a lowly .38 Dick Special. I think the only Colts you can get now is a model 1911, & that's a Custom Shop proposition only, & maybe an AR-15, & that's only w/ Nancy P. Lousy's permission.

9. Ross6860

Ross6860 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have found it much cheaper to place my hand on a table and smack it with an old hammer handle. I get the same joy as shooting any of the hand cannons. Oh, I have to yell "bang" at the same time, or it looses its effect.;)

I draw the line at the .44 Remington Magnum. Decades ago folks were, and probably still are, using TC Contenders chambered in .45-70, 30-30, and a bunch of wildcat cartridges.

Casull, Linebaugh, not for me. Heck, I wasn't even that fond of the lone .40 S&W I had for a while. A medium-frame (Ruger GP-100, S&W L-frame), six-inch, .357 shooting real full-house loads is plenty for this guy.

I don't like big rifles, either. I'll admit it. A "crazy" buddy that had a Model 70 Grand African in .375 H&H as a deer rifle. What a beautiful rifle it was, steel butt plate, folding leaf sights, and all. I wouldn't even take a shot with it. :no:

10. Sandy G

I shot a Ruger #1 in 375 H&H, 3 times, & my shoulder turned all manner of the "United Colors of Bennetton".... Blue, green, purplish, you name it. Shoulda got one of my sister's mighty steeds to have swift kicked me in the shoulder...The boy who owned that Bad Boi got hisself a "Bar" w/it that winter or the next, I can't remember. But he & his wife ate off that bear for the next several years, & its hide made a dandy wall covering. They had to get a forklift to get Mr Bar outta the woods where he fell... The forks went up 10', Mr Bar's toes/feet were dragging the ground. He wuz a Big 'Un.... (Grin)

11. sanford12

sanford12 Old Stuff New Stuff As long as it's Good Stuff Subscriber

Nothing like what you have but painfull just the same. I have the Ruger LCR 38 that also shoots +P. I've shot 25 +P rounds out of it at one time but never again. Shot 10 out of it the other day and that was more than enough.

12. MaxxVolume

MaxxVolume Addicted Member

How`s about a nice lil` 3-inch snubby N-frame, chambered in .45 ACP ? Full-moon clips give fast, fast, FAST reloads, and send my 155 gr. SWC "warm" reloads downrange @ 1100 fps....

upload_2019-2-15_13-20-24.png

13. Sandy G

Between "Uncle " Arthur, & Aunt Bersie-Those mean, nasty "Itis"yahoos, I oughta give up shooting anything but BBs, or the occasional .22 LR round, but the memory of mastering 44 Mags, .45 Win Mags, 50 Action Express, & other Loudenboomersis indelibly in my memory. The Loreli beckons eternally On...

14. KentTeffeteller

KentTeffeteller Gimpus Stereophilus!

You have great taste in der loudenboomers, Sandy G.