Anybody here watch the Grammys?

Aw man, that's a harsh critique of Corden! He did a great job on Doctor Who. And I think he's a breath of fresh air in late night.
I'm sure theres people on tv that you dislike also, I'm just being honest .I would like some of them a lot more if they kept their political views to themselves .Say no to Soapboxes.

Aw man, that's a harsh critique of Corden! He did a great job on Doctor Who. And I think he's a breath of fresh air in late night.

I like Cordon as a writer and he does ok as a talk show host. Not really doing anything that new. What he did was make kind of an Americanized Graham Norton type chat show. Now his predecessor Craig Ferguson did something new with his deconstruction of the whole format. Miss his show but that is for another thread.

I like Cordon as a writer and he does ok as a talk show host. Not really doing anything that new. What he did was make kind of an Americanized Graham Norton type chat show. Now his predecessor Craig Ferguson did something new with his deconstruction of the whole format. Miss his show but that is for another thread.

True on the GN copy but it's unique on the American airwaves and he has a similar energy to Graham although I think we can both agree he's NO Graham Norton. :)

But I have to say some of the bits he does are really creative. Like this one for example which totally caught me off guard:

I'm sure theres people on tv that you dislike also, I'm just being honest .I would like some of them a lot more if they kept their political views to themselves .Say no to Soapboxes.

Absolutely. Wasn't saying you were wrong... just that the "no talent" thing was a little harsh... but... hey... what do I know? And yes there are some people on TV I don't like. Like everyone on every stupid reality show. That's some no-talent bums IMO. :)

Was watching the Farmers Insurance golf tourney and just as it goes into extra holes which coincided with the top of the hour they break to the Grammys PRE SHOW.
W. T. F.
I was seething.

According to the NYTIMES, the numbers show it had the lowest viewership rating in 9 years. I am one of the ones that did not watch it.

Never watched any Grammy Awards. They feature music I don't listen to or even like and are on opportunity for grandstanding and lecturing by pretentious, arrogant hypocrites. Too much political bullshit from scolds that think they are morally and intellectually superior. Same with the Academy Awards.

I only watch award shows that Ricky Gervais presents. Not because he's English (like myself), but because he doesn't seem to give a crap who he insults on these shows.

Lee.

There was a stretch of time where I drifted away from listening to music. Artists I did hear didn't really 'speak' to me, had other things going on, had to listen critically at work which precluded listening to tunes, or even the radio. Just not much time/interest. It was 2003. We usually watched the Grammys on DVR delay, skipping around and doing other things or watching other DVR-ed shows. While flipping around, heard Norah Jones singing. Dang, she's pretty good. I was so far removed from listening to music that I had literally never heard her, or heard of her. Clean, simple sound, well-delivered and heartfelt. She cleaned up that year, awards-wize. Literally went out Monday and bought the CD. That brought me back in it. Similar deal with Esperanza Spalding and a few other artists. So even if a lot of the music doesn't speak to me, some does. Bruno Mars is very talented, and hasn't forgotten where he came from. Childish Gambino is likewise. Plus he's an award-winning director, producer, actor (Community, etc.) and writer (30 Rock) in 'another life'. Someone to keep your eye on.

I had fun watching the masterful works of The Shaw Brothers out of Honk Kong. “Your Kung Fu is no good, I’m here to teach you a lesson”.

Swack, pow pow, thug, tunk, slap slap. Boom boom, swish swosh, crunch, stomp, stomp.

It doesn’t get any better.

Clan of The White Lotus (1980)
3E1E09FB-2FE4-4118-906C-972A64200A1B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom