anybody know about the sa-708 intergrade

It has the same vu's as the xx80 receivers minus the tuner. I'd like one to go with a 1010, which I'm scheming on also. there isn't much info or spec on this thing. My theory is they never caught on in america.

I think it's pretty much the same

as this, what country are you from, and what would you want to hook it up to 1010 for? Anyhow, welcome to AK.
Pioneer Model SA-706 Details Page on www.classic-audio.com

alright I'll expand on it.

Well, I'm from the states (New England area to be specific) and I saw that image on the classic audio site early on. that's how I came across it. My father all throughout the 80s had an sx-680 which he later gave to me ( he replaced it with a fisher rs-1080 I believe. I also toyed with that when he got his first surround receiver, beutiful piece of gear.) I loved it but dogged it. Hey I was 9-10 years young at the time. So a few years ago (thanks to the internet) I was able to peep all pioneers components from the 70s. I was in a tight spot because I liked the 680's vu for each channel but I also liked the blue face of the x3x series. So after I've been happilly feeding my jbl L-100s with an sx-1080 I decided to expand my system. I want to find a pair of hpm-100s and a pair of 4312s. I also have a soft spot for large advents but we'll see. To drive these bad boys I figured I have a 1080 already so grab something to drive third pair. My initial reaction was grab a 1010 when the opportunity arose so I have the best of both worlds. But when I was browsing the classic audio site a saw a pic of the sa-708. I thought wtf the x80 series vu's minus the tuner PERFECT. Its power rating is a little smaller so its not overkill on my L-100. I'd just have the 1010 drive the 4312s and the hpm's and use it's preamp section to go to the 708. I love pioneer shit man!

This series was sold here with white/silver-backed meters, the models escape me at the moment. I don't think they were made for very long, I believe they were quickly replaced by the Flouroscan series.

Fine little amplifiers, can't go wrong with a Pioneer integrated.

TP

I'm confused. Are y'all talking about the SA-706 (with meters like the SX-x80 series) or the SA-708 (with flouroscan meters like the SX-3x00 series)? There's a several threads here about the SA-708 integrated if you search for them -- Foe

Back
Top Bottom