Anybody live in the Michigan Upper Peninsula?

My favorite band is from South Marquette! Conga Se Menne! Nothing better than Finnish Reggae sung by Yoopers!:rockon:

Mark K.

Wow, so many experiences. Keep 'em comin' if you got 'em. I knew I'd find some info on here, lol.

FWIW
i "grew up" just across the border in NE Wisconsin. Iron Mountain was just across the Menominee River.Woods and bluffs were right out my back door Beautiful country, scenery-wise. My sister lives in Houghton....the drive up there is the most boring drive ever. But the view coming into the city is breathtaking. I have lots of family in the area...one of them wrote a song: "Up to My Eyeballs in Snow"; regarding the 15 years he spent in the Houghton/Hancock area. Personally, I found it way too remote.....but some people like that.....I go back up there every year, though. All in all, not much has changed since I moved away 50 years ago.

Lived in Menominee, MI for several years and family had property in Ishpeming, Cornell and Menominee.
Also lived in Marinette, WI which is right across the river from Menominee.
It's not the end of the world . . . but you can se it from there.
Winter is pretty intense but if you like winter sports and/or hunting and fishing, it is a great place to live.
God's area code is 906.
My sister and BIL live in Bessemer now and other than some friends, that is my last connection with the UP at this time.
I work with a *real* born and raised Yooper, and we have fun with the lingo and accent whist working.
Someday maybe they will secede from the mitten and all will be better for them . . . but they'd have to divvy up that bridge.

Back
Top Bottom