Anybody loving tidal

Never heard of Roon, but I will check it out. The ability to merge my library with a music service library would be great since I now have to use two separate programs. Their unique AirPlay features are also a major selling point. However, I will wait for them to release a tablet app before I subscribe.

NO, not here.

I dislike the limited selection, I dislike the public face of it and I dislike how it squeezes out smaller artists.

Hope this helps! :thmbsp:

I Like the TidalHi Fi 24/41>16/44 sound ,the search engine is not very good the rest and the politics and Jay Zee' angry or pandering Identity politics don't concern me.

Selection could be better could be worse but if I "drill down *like I should not have to* I can usually find something (or something I like )

Market place will run it's course maybe Tidal in 2020 maybe not (800lb Gorilla) Apple inc. is announcing a *new*streaming music service
if it is 16/44 option (competitively priced) and I were Tidal or Deezer or any service planning same I would be *very afraid .*

Last edited:
25M+ titles is not exactly limited IMO, although just released material is missing, e.g. latest from Mark Knopfler, and Nightwish...

I agree that the new marketing spiel for Tidal sucks, but it does not matter to me, since I know better, and the sound quality is great... :)

I have actually listened much to more smaller artists thanks to Tidal Hifi. When I hear about some new name (to me), I can almost always find material on Tidal and listen to the artist in high-def. And the small artist gets paid legitimately. Previously I would not bother, or was forced to use Youtube (or alternatives) with poorer sound quality...

NO, not here.

I dislike the limited selection, I dislike the public face of it and I dislike how it squeezes out smaller artists.

Limited selection sure. But squeeze out smaller artists? They just implemented "Tidal Discovery" aimed directly at helping promote indy acts.

Limited selection sure. But squeeze out smaller artists? They just implemented "Tidal Discovery" aimed directly at helping promote indy acts.

I Thought I heard something like that Doc.

I think Jay Zee and co. are down with the talent getting paid, the brother and his squeeze got plenty of their own stash .... he just hates the rest of us that's all :D

^^^^ He always been like that............ hatin that is I don't pay any attention to it when he's putting on his fool ,it could be genuine could be his brand ,could be his stupid or all three !

Last edited:
I certainly find the library on Tidal very good, and I have become proficient with their search functions. I am listening to many more new artists, and am catching up on many older artist's albums that I could not afford back in the day. I know most of the popular cuts on some of these artists, but there are many "B" tracks that are wonderful.

NO, not here.

-Selection is a day to day ebb & flow with whatever/any on demand service. Tis just the nascent nature of the beast.

-Obviously their marketing and PR people are learning as they go. Unfortunately there's a shit-gob of money and egos involved & on the line. It's a tremendous tsunami (heh) of inglorious **** ups so far. Best of luck to them going forward.

-as for Tidal "squeezing out smaller artists". Hmm...How so? Why so?

Last edited:
Just queued up an hour and a half of Bollywood music. I would never buy this much music in this genre - but I don 't have too! Tidal is good to me.

Loving Tidal even more now that Oppo latest firmware made the 105D Tidal capable. Been listening for about a week and to me it's a vast improvement over over the Sonos Connect which was very good itself. Streams are rock solid and the sound makes it seem like I just placed a CD in the tray.

I'm finding selection improving and holy shit, local band, "Have Gun, Will Travel" is listed on the What's New page! Hell, I watch the live at my beach tiki bar about every six weeks or so, too cool.

Loving Tidal even more now that Oppo latest firmware made the 105D Tidal capable. Been listening for about a week and to me it's a vast improvement over over the Sonos Connect which was very good itself. Streams are rock solid and the sound makes it seem like I just placed a CD in the tray.

I'm finding selection improving and holy shit, local band, "Have Gun, Will Travel" is listed on the What's New page! Hell, I watch the live at my beach tiki bar about every six weeks or so, too cool.
Were you using the Sonos digital output with the Oppo's DAC? If so, it seems strange that it would sound better using the same DACs. If not, I am not surprised that the Oppo has better DACs.

They recently increased the number of titles from 25M to 30M in their advertising.

Sent from Tapatalk on Windows Phone

Were you using the Sonos digital output with the Oppo's DAC? If so, it seems strange that it would sound better using the same DACs. If not, I am not surprised that the Oppo has better DACs.

Good question, I was using the digital output of the Sonos and inputting it into the Oppo. Still by eliminating the Sonos, taking a link out of the chain the sound quality seems to have improved. Streaming stability via the Sonos was good but over the course of a week of use I'd experience a dropping of the stream, not many but it would happen, it was not internet related because my speed is blazing fast.

Tidal on the Oppo with the beta firmware has been rock solid and I've listened a lot more then normal in the last week. It's awesome. I hope Deezer Elite is knocking on Oppo's door.

Good question, I was using the digital output of the Sonos and inputting it into the Oppo. Still by eliminating the Sonos, taking a link out of the chain the sound quality seems to have improved. Streaming stability via the Sonos was good but over the course of a week of use I'd experience a dropping of the stream, not many but it would happen, it was not internet related because my speed is blazing fast.

Tidal on the Oppo with the beta firmware has been rock solid and I've listened a lot more then normal in the last week. It's awesome. I hope Deezer Elite is knocking on Oppo's door.
Thanks for the info. Oppo makes some great stuff!:sigh:

Back
Top Bottom