Anybody see the William Shatner Roast last nite ?

Sandy G

Retired Member
...It was kinda dirty, I thought,& they were really MEAN. I don't remember the old Dean Martin roasts as being as filthy or as vicious as this one was. I quit watching it- but DID record it on the DVR- & went to bed. It was pretty funny, but there is no modern-day equivalent of Don Rickles to really stir things up. Shatner- I get the feeling his peers either really love him or hate his guts-I think he can be a real horse's patoot to work with, & I've read tales of his volcanic temper on more than one occasion. Still, I wanna see the rest of it, to see if anyone makes a quip about Shatner's rug, & he loses it...<grin>

i saw it...they clearly had timing issues, and there were way too many commercials. they had to fit some people in by cropping their roast time. also, seriously...where the hell was neemoy? i expected him to show up.

andy dick seemed to actually be offended at times, but that guy's oddly serious when he's joking around so i don't know.

they've had better roasts...foxworthy's was not one of them. the roast of dennis leary was a good one.

Watched it. Many references to his "rug". He took it all in good humour. But parts of it stank to high heaven. Not anywhere near as funny as the old Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts. Nimoy was on at the very beginning via a taped sketch with Shatner.

By the time I remembered to flip it on they were already about 1/2 hour into it. I decided to wait and catch it from the beginning.

If it turns out to be anything like the Pam Anderson roast I'm sure it will be painful to watch.

RC

I won't watch anything with Andy Dick in it.

He was OK on that TV show about radio with Phil Hartmann, but ever since I saw the douchebag on "Trading Spaces" acting like a total maroon, I'll pass.............

"Andy Dick"- yeah, they about named him right-'cept they left the "head" off...Don't much like his silly-ass lookin' hair, his silly-ass lookin' narrow Emo glasses, his silly-ass soundin' name, only good things about him are: 1) He's not quite as annoying as that fool-ass mofo who shills that Oxy-10 or Oxy-Clean or whatever that horrid shit is, & 2)Mr. Dick doesn't seem to be on television quite as much as he used to be. But to show how unfair the Universe truly is, isn't Mr Dick married to some Uberbabe ? Somewhere I've got that in my feeble little mind, but I could be wrong.....

Sandy, but tell us, how do you really feel? :D

I'm quite sure Andy is of the same persuasion in tastes of partners, so no, I don't think he's married to someone you'd consider an uber-babe.

As for the Pam Anderson roast, it truly was something else to watch- I winced constantly. Wowza. However, Courtney Love and Tommy Lee were, unintentionally, quite funny, to watch.

Guys, did anyone mention the death by drowning of Shatner's wife, in their pool?

I did'nt see it but the one thing I always admired about William Shatner was that he always had a good sense of humor about himself. Over the years I think I've watched him poke more fun at himself than anyone else ever has!

I got to see him in person BTW when I was a kid. I was only there cause mom adored W.Shatner and was a huge Trek fan. I was about 11 or twelve I think. He was making an appearence at a shopping center and I definetly remember a HUGE crowd was gathered. A lot of folks were disappointed (my mother too!)...that L. Nimoy (Spock) was'nt there. I remember Shatner making a joke about Nimoys ears getting fixed so they had HIM as a conselation prize instead. He won the crowd over and signed some autographs. Unfortunately, mom could'nt get close enough to him to get one herself.

Russ

I saw it...it was good, but typical for "comedy central" roasts...what ever happened to the friar's club? I was hoping they'd make fun of that show he hosted.....Rescue 911 ROFL...the Rocketman thing, that was just scary.

I've heard interviews with various original cast members. Most simply attempted to decline to comment whenever Shatner's name was brought up. But you could tell that they did not seem to have fond feelings for him. So if the roast got a little personal, that would not surprise me very much.

Back
Top Bottom