Anybody watch the Bill Nye program on PBS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Nye is an accredited mechanical engineer.
Otherwise, I must have missed some meetings on him.

Not a fan of him. Not a "real" scientist although he plays one on TV. Mr Wizard, yes. He never claimed to be a scientist but taught scientific principles and never got involved in political issues for self aggrandizement,

I catch "Science Bob" Pflugfelder, occasionally on Jimmy Kimmel's night time show, fun stuff with science that amuses and informs kids of all ages.

Last edited:
"BACK WHEN I WAS A BOY" I didn't have to walk uphill, both ways, to school, and back. Science can prove that.

From the 50's to 70's, during the Space Race with the Ruskies, scientific studies and breakthroughs kept our society interested and excited about education. The USA was the world's leader. Check for yourselves how we've lost ground to much smaller nations. Like him or not, Bill Nye tried to keep the importance of science visible to young students.

CaptainKangaroo.jpg

I would let this guy lead me into battle before I would let Nye "educate" me .

I used to watch him a bit when he was objective about science, but recently he seems more concerned with promoting an agenda than impartial analysis of data. The best test of a thesis is how it stands up to contrary data, and that seems to escape many these days who are only interested in winning an argument than trying to discover how things work. Epidemiology provides a start, but hard science with stringent controls does the heavy lifting...

Last edited:
I like him a lot. I don't think it's an agenda as such but an overwhelming concern for the planet. He's a reasoned spokesman and he has the majority of like 90+% of scientists that also believe in climate change. I think with his concern comes a studied analysis of the data. Do you really think he didn't study the subject. Climate change is here and we need more like him to speak up. The guy I can't stand is Ken Ham who's stance is devoid of facts. Revisionist history at it's worst. That's the real creep. I get the willy's looking at the guy. We went to the Ark and we had to shake our heads in disbelief at the BS laid out as fact. This is a good topic that would be better served over at political chat.

Last edited:
I like him a lot. I don't think it's an agenda as such but an overwhelming concern for the planet. He's a reasoned spokesman and he has the majority of like 90+% of scientists that also believe in climate change. I think with his concern comes a studied analysis of the data. Do you really think he didn't study the subject. Climate change is here and we need more like him to speak up. The guy I can't stand is Ken Ham who's stance is devoid of facts. Revisionist history at it's worst. That's the real creep. I get the willy's looking at the guy. We went to the Ark and we had to shake our heads in disbelief at the BS laid out as fact. This is a good topic that would be better served over at political chat.
Science once believed the earth was flat as well. If you've come here to insult those of us who have a Christian world view, don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom