Anybody watching American Idol...

JoZmo

my kids have me hooked on this show. Apparently it's not just me, the show is getting great ratings.

Who is going to get bumped off tomorrow night. I predict either John Stevens or Jon Peter Lewis.... jeez, I even know their names!

Simon Cowell, one of the judges, is the villian on this show ( he's always telling the contestants what they don't want to hear) and Paula Abdul sometimes can't bring herself to tell them the TRUTH... that they stink!

But I kind of agree with Simon most of the time... this is more than just a run of the mill talent show. Like the name says, they are looking for an American Idol, someone who can be a star!

There are three females (can't remember their names right now) in this group who can really sing and one dude, George Huff, who I predict will be the next American Idol... the guys got a big, strong voice and lots of soul.

So much depends on the tunes they select to sing. Last week they had to pick from Elton John tunes and needless to say, some of them butchered the songs.

Just read this: due to the Presdent's speech, tonight's "American Idol" episode will be broadcast tomorrow evening, with the results episode bumped to Thursday evening.

The funny thing is, even the contestants that don't finish first and are half-way decent, end up getting some exposure and some even get record deals.

I hate reality shows!!!

Until I found this one, that is!

I'm hooked. I've convinced myself it's purely due to my love of music, of course.

I think the main reasons for the show's popularity are that everyone wants to be a rock god, and everyone loves to sing in the shower (admit it, liar!), and everyone has "singing in public" right up there with wisdom tooth extraction on their "things I want to do" list.

I cringe at the bad performances, but I applaud their guts in actually getting up there and singing.

Quite frankly, I would much rather have seen Idol tonight instead of watching ol' WMD smirk his way through more arrogant lies.

Back
Top Bottom