Anyone else having problems with Malwarebytes today?

the skipper

Professional Curmudgeon
Keep getting message on two computers that "web protection off" and when I try to start it, it simply says "starting" and, after a few minutes, it says "cannot contact license server".

If I reboot, all is ok for a few minutes then the problem reappears.

anyone have a good phone number? I've signed up for their service until Thanksgiving 2019.

MWB has been telling me my 'Premier trial' has expired, and wants me to upgrade. tbh I probably should throw em a buck, have been using it for at least 10 years... but all these freeware AV companies have been monetizing their products (Avast is another that finally drove me away with their come-ons). Maybe they need the $$ to keep the lights on.

Dunno what happened but here's the skivvy.

Both the H/P laptop and the Dell tower got the same "web protection off", I went into the app and tried to turn it on,

The laptop just said "starting" for a few minutes and finally an error message "server not respond. check with sysad". dunno what that was but my side was fully operational. Then, it stopped responding to the mouse.

Dell tower got the same "server" message, went black and froze up.

Pulled the power eon both for a few hours.

restarted laptop, immediately uninstalled and then reinstalled MB. I then entered my key code. All was well.

Restarted Dell. That's all it took. All was back to normal. Didn't even have to uninstall.reinstall.

Dunno what happened but I'm glad it worked out. I still think it was something on their side.

Back
Top Bottom