Anyone else lost interest in the NFL?

Is this tread about sports or politics? The line is getting blurred.
It's not the thread. Sports has been politicized to the point it can't be kept isolated from the conversation except from a purely fan based thread. So, in my opinion, the thread is about sports.

We are no longer the target demographic, they need video game scores to get the young viewers. But no matter if I wanted to give up on it or not I just can't I will always be a football fan regardless of the level. I will always watch every Patriots game just as I have since the early days when not every game was on TV. I hated those cold aluminum benches in Sullivan Stadium but I went anyways. I will always watch as many NCAA games as I have time for and I will never miss my High School team playing, it would be kind of rude of me to miss a game as I am the team photographer lol

Go Green Wave !!!

Three more wins for a State Title

DSC_4513.jpg

I have seemed to lost all interest in the NFL. It has become entertainment as opposed to sports, and I really have a hard time being interested in it any more.

Right here, ehoove. I'm there with you. I cannot seem to give much of a shit about it. When the running game disappeared, I got bored quickly.

Those of you still digging on it, hey, enjoy it to your heart's content. I'm kinda sad that I no longer care about it.

It's gotten too oversaturated on the tele for me. "Too much of anything, is too much of anything, and too much of anything, is too much for me."

Wife and I have been PSL owners for the Carolina Panthers for 21 seasons now. Love going to the games......ofttimes more for the pre/post game tailgate party with friends than the game. We went 2 straight seasons and saw 1 home win. Don't watch it on TV and really....have nothing to do with football except when the Panthers are at home

My appetite for watching huge guys try to hurt each other started going away the night I encountered Dave Duerson (85 Bears among other teams) and his wife on the beach in Sunny Isle Beach, FL. 5 weeks later he was dead of self inflicted gunshot wound due to symptoms of CTE.

For me, the possibility that I’m watching guys end any semblance of a happy life by taking a hit on the football field kinda took the joy out of it. This from a guy who watched every single Bears game for many many years.

2 hours of commercials surrounding a 1 hour game sealed the deal.

It's only football. They're only kids. My Grandpa Coyle claimed he saw the Pottsville Maroons play before they became the Washington Redskins. Against the Canton Bulldogs. Now that's some serious NFL.

1925-26 had to be.

I have seemed to lost all interest in the NFL. It has become entertainment as opposed to sports, and I really have a hard time being interested in it any more. What a shame. I can remembering laying on the floor in front of our Black and White TV watching football as a kid.
Disappointing,
Jim

Moved here due to being in the wrong forum. Totally my fault!

I agree. Haven't lost all interest but the game is a shadow of what it used to be. Not fond of the dancing and jumping around after a player makes a tackle. Too many penalties and commercial after commercial. They don't block, tackle or hit anymore. The players seem more concerned about making a human highlight reel than playing a team game. It's not a very good sport any longer.

Although I still occasionally sit in front of a Packer game, I really lost interest in 1970, when they merged with the AFL.

Hey, that Rams v. Seahawks game yesterday was pretty good. This thread might just be reviving my interest in the NFL.

Last edited:
I lost interest in spectator sports about 30 years ago. I lost interest in participatory sports even earlier.

Its Football Night in America! (or so they proudly proclaim on thursday night).
So, what about the other 6 days/nights a week that its on? aren't those Football Nights in America as well?

regarding lost interest?
never had it.
I was forced to play it; learned to hate it.

watching dozens of multi-millionaires battling for supremacy? NFL, Oceans 11-33,
marvel/DC universe movies, <insert hundreds of other scenarios>

all about the money leaking from your retirement funding...

Back
Top Bottom