Anyone else ready for Spring....and why?

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by 3kitty, Feb 13, 2018.

1. HarmanKardon

HarmanKardon Tubes still smell funny Subscriber

I am ready for Spring because I'm sick to death of this Winter which has been the warmest, most rainy one I ever experienced. You damned lousy Winter totally failed - so get the fuc* out of my valley!!!

And my 91 years old mother is ready for Spring because she is pining for her garden. She is still recovering from a more than three weeks lasting severe bronchitis triggered by the weather conditions mentioned above.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    ETLS and 3kitty like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Ronald1973

Ronald1973 8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man

This has been a miserable winter. I have two pipes that busted underneath my house from the extreme cold!

HarmanKardon likes this.
  3. BOUXY

BOUXY Super Member

Winter can't be over fast enough for me.I'm 71 this year and you know what that means,I've lived through 70 past Winters and have had enough especially Winterpeg Winters,you have to live through them to get my drift.Summer is the only time I can really live it seems.:)

3kitty likes this.
  4. dosmalo

dosmalo T-Totaled Subscriber

WP_20160917_08_29_01_Pro.jpg May morning has broken.

3kitty likes this.
  5. 3kitty

3kitty Super Member

I'm 58 so you have gone through a few more them me....but I get you loud and clear.

I try to "enjoy" them as best I can but I sure look forward to Spring...Summer...and Fall!

Enjoy it when it gets here :thumbsup:

6. old_tv_nut

old_tv_nut See Yourself on Color TV! Subscriber

We're still waiting for WINTER down here. Temps have been 6-10 degrees F above average, only a couple of freezing nights, and it's been very dry even for southern AZ. Very nice for tourists, but if this continues, spring will be like summer. We had big monsoon rains in July, then the pattern moved east to New Mexico, and we've been short of moisture since. Large brush fires from time to time (not near me). Rain finally coming this evening and next couple of days, may bring us back to average moisture.

7. HarmanKardon

Spring is a wonderful, a beautiful season. The Hot Pants in the streets will return...

Kidding aside - I know that a lot of you folks suffered from a very hard Winter and you are longing for the first warm sun rays on your faces. However, since Winter is my favourite season (and I actually feel cheated by this one) I would enjoy the forthcoming season more if there would have been a preciser discrimination between Winter and Spring in our region.

3kitty likes this.
  8. JDub

JDub AK Subscriber Subscriber

Mid-March marks the start of migration season. Looking forward to getting out in the fresh air at a wildlife refuge down on the Mississippi flyway. Also my workbench sits on a concrete floor in the unheated basement, so electronic repair/DIY is strictly a three-season activity.

3kitty likes this.
  9. CoogarXR

CoogarXR Super Member

I can't wait to get my Cougar back out. I only paid for storage through March 1, so I have to get it out in a couple weeks no matter what the weather is doing, lol.

IMG_20171117_101740.jpg

Ronald1973, HarmanKardon and 3kitty like this.
  10. HarmanKardon

Off topic on

Is this car from the eighties?

Off topic off

3kitty likes this.
  11. CoogarXR

CoogarXR Super Member

Yep, 1985 Cougar XR-7 Turbo. Here it is along with my 1985 turbo-swapped Plymouth Voyager :)

twins.jpg

12. 3kitty

3kitty Super Member

In 1984 my dad had a Cougar XR-7 non-turbo.....at least I'm pretty sure it was non-turbo!

CoogarXR likes this.
  13. CoogarXR

CoogarXR Super Member

In 1984-1986 all XR-7s were turbo. The Non-XR-7 models were either 3.8 v6 or 5.0 v8.

3kitty likes this.
  14. 3kitty

3kitty Super Member

I wasn't sure....but now that you mention it it was the 5.0 V8.
    ...and an interesting mauve colour!

15. BOUXY

BOUXY Super Member

They had good heat! lol

3kitty likes this.
  16. Gnesen

Gnesen AK Subscriber Subscriber

Yes, I'm ready for spring. This winter has been cold and snowy, but it has warmed up just above freezing shortly after every snowfall, followed by extreme cold. The net result being crusty, icy snow that's not really good for doing anything. I like to get out cross country skiing, but this year has been crap.

As far as what I'm looking forward to? Gardening and playing with my kids in the backyard. They're finally old enough (8 y.o.) to not be afraid of the ball and really got into baseball last summer. They've been telling me they're looking forward to playing this summer.

3kitty likes this.

17. 55Redneck

55Redneck Canadian Redneck

I'm looking forward to getting my 67 Belair back on the road though the mountain of snow sliding off of it during a warm spell had almost totally mangled my drivers side wiper arm. If I have to replace it, it might be tough to find. ;) The other thing I can't wait for is for my local golf course to open up. I've got a few new clubs I'm just Jonesing to hit.

3kitty likes this.
  18. DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer Active Member

I want to get back on this baby again!

[​IMG]

3kitty likes this.
  19. 3kitty

3kitty Super Member

...another simple pleasure is just chillin' on the back deck

Kinda needed one......funny in 34 years of marriage this is the first deck we have ever built

[​IMG]

So late last summer built this......looking forward to enjoying it for an entire season!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Bobcat

Bobcat Sound Hound

Super good looking!
    We built a deck ourselves off the second story three years ago.
    Though it was great from day one, the addition of a couple zero gravity chairs made it a destination.
    Golf is my thing. Love it. Helping the local HS golf team out this year and can’t wait to get them out on the course.

3kitty likes this.