Anyone ever buy from KP Components?

Ray Gianelli

This company popped up when doing a Google search for transistors. I'd never heard of them, nor do I recall ever seeing them doing other parts searches.

They claim to have original parts (not sure if that applies to semiconductors) and they've been around for 25 years. They're located in British Columbia.

Anyone have any experience with them? Prices looked good, and you can never have too many sources for parts these days!

Link:

https://kpcomponents.co/

Why would a company supposedly in BC, Canada be using a domain that appears to be registered in Columbia (the country in S. America), e.g., .co not .ca ?

I can't see any bricks & mortar address anywhere either - steer well clear would be my advice !

Why would a company supposedly in BC, Canada be using a domain that appears to be registered in Columbia (the country in S. America), e.g., .co not .ca ?

I can't see any bricks & mortar address anywhere either - steer well clear would be my advice !
Maybe cost. Overstock dot com uses o.co as one of their URLs. Cost or ease of use in advertising.

Don't know why one should worry too much about that url designation. Maybe a call to the company would ease any potential customer's fears.

Maybe cost. Overstock dot com uses o.co as one of their URLs. Cost or ease of use in advertising.

Don't know why one should worry too much about that url designation. Maybe a call to the company would ease any potential customer's fears.

I hope I'm wrong, and I appreciate Canadian law is probably a bit different, but as far as I'm aware, under UK & EU law at least, the website would be illegal. As a business here (UK), I believe it's a legal requirement for the website to display it's full trading address, as well as relevant company registration / possibly tax details, and probably even the terms & conditions of sale. I can't find any of that on the website, and just find it strange for a company that's purportedly been trading 25+ years, worldwide.

Do you know the company ? ever used them ?

Following up to see if anyone ever ended up ordering from KP.
You know, I never did. But thanks for resurrecting this thread, because apparently I never bookmarked it to my list of potential suppliers. I'll update this if I make an order.

Back
Top Bottom