Anyone ever seen 1 of these? Clarion MD-7800

Agree that Clarion (at least the car audio) was not entry level. I owned a few pieces back in the 80s.

Eh, mid-fi at very best; nobody ever went to the stereo store dying to pick up a Clarion deck. It's what you bought if you couldn't afford Alpine, Blaupunkt, Pioneer, etc.

Clarion low-end car stereo connotation?????

Clarion car sistems 1977
View attachment 1382168

I bought the 3-way pair of speakers pictured and that 5 band eq/amp on top of the right stack from a stereo shop in Jacksonville, Fla back in "78 for $125.00 for each unit. Played the hell out of it. Gave my Pioneer 8-track/supertuner FM to my kid, he replaced the belt and put it up for auction and sold for $100. The speaks didn't survive and finally gave it up sometime in "82 but sounded good while they lasted. The 5-band eq/amp I had and used in my office on a 12V pwr supply up to "98 or "99 it's still around here someplace. The sound they put out surprized many that sat in that pickup.

Never knew until now they made anything for the home...the stuff you learn on AK.

Eh, mid-fi at very best; nobody ever went to the stereo store dying to pick up a Clarion deck. It's what you bought if you couldn't afford Alpine, Blaupunkt, Pioneer, etc.

Right, I agree that it was "mid-fi" but not entry level as stated previously. I owned Blaupunkt too, and it was not at that level.

i found this locally a few days ago.. it's a Clarion MD-7800.. Clarion UFO series.. Home Audio from Clarion.. it's definitely rare.. apparently only about 1000 of these were made but I haven't found much online about it. Anybody out there know anything about this?
Hi do you have the manuals for this cassette deck? i need them, have searched for them but nothing so far, thanks.

Well.. this was available (new) from 1977 to 79.. Defintelty NOT entry level.. and CD players weren't available until 1982 so it must of been something else you saw unless it was New old stock.. this UFO series stuff is high quality.. I found a complete 7800 series set (amp, tape deck, tuner) on eBay Australia for $750 BIN.. This stuff is actually pretty rare.. there were only 700-1000 individual units produced. I'd love to get my hands on the 7800 amp.. Super cool stuff.. the MD-7800 msrp was 94,800 yen which is about $870.00 in 1977! So this was definitely not "entry level" I found the ad here's a pic
Hi do you any manuals for this Clarion model ?

I agree with you 100% man! I actually picked up the Amp a few months back! So now I have the Amp & Tape deck. No tuner though.. I doubt I’ll ever find one either.. this stuff is SCARCE! For what I believe is a 50WPC amp that thing sounds great! Nice that it has the Main In/Pre outs too! People who chime in and call this stuff “mid-fi” etc.. seriously have no clue what they’re talking about. Clarion has always made quality car audio and I have to say this attempt at home audio may of been short lived but they definitely made a quality product. Well built stuff for sure. It was far from “cheap” when new too!

I agree with you 100% man! I actually picked up the Amp a few months back! So now I have the Amp & Tape deck. No tuner though.. I doubt I’ll ever find one either.. this stuff is SCARCE! For what I believe is a 50WPC amp that thing sounds great! Nice that it has the Main In/Pre outs too! People who chime in and call this stuff “mid-fi” etc.. seriously have no clue what they’re talking about. Clarion has always made quality car audio and I have to say this attempt at home audio may of been short lived but they definitely made a quality product. Well built stuff for sure. It was far from “cheap” when new too!
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.it/ulk/itm/123887500773

20210607_205450.jpg I know this thread is a few years old but I just bought this Sansui QT-406 at an auction. I cannot find anything through Google searches for this particular model. I know I will need to get new belts to it up and running. If anyone has any manuals or information on the various belt sizes let me know.

20210607_205500.jpg Thanks. I messaged the seller last night and they said they do not ship to Canada. I am going to ask them if they do not mind sharing the belt sizes with me.

So it looks like someone may have stuck a Sansui tag on the unit. I need to remove the tag but it looks like a company in Quebec Canada rebranded the Clarion MD-7800 deck. It is probably a QueOn QT-406.

I was going to remove the Sansui tag. I am sure underneath it says Queon which was a valid brand in Canada

Back
Top Bottom