Anyone ever seen a console like this before?

Wow - that's awful - in a kitschy 70s sort of way. All it needs is some fake ferns and some old Home Interiors resin trinkets - and one of those oil rain lamps hanging next to it ...

For $175 its worth a look. Not my cup of tea but I can see the potential.... someone would love that in their home if nicely restored.

Remember what that guy in the Blues Brothers band said when they walked into Bob's Country Bunker?

"Chicken wire?"

:biggrin:

Someone should grab some pics off that ad for posterity.

Stereo and desk and drawers and bookshelf. Multi-purpose. Could see for an apartment. Someone not really into audio, might choose Magnavox. Style does not hold up over years.

Last edited:
Don't look to magnavox consoles for serious stereo.. They made stylish furniture that incidentally happened to play music.

That's not to say it's bad. It's a neat looking piece of furniture that plays music.

for posterior, er, postoriatey, or whatever.

00808_2Nc5cYhbXnA_1200x900.jpg

00E0E_aPUHdkM5XYD_1200x900.jpg

00O0O_i6GWIZ9S3En_1200x900.jpg

Ha - Milton.

And John - nobody wants that style. Unless of course you're redoing the man cave with an avocado paisley couch, some velvet paintings and suits of armor and swords on the walls. Good gawd, I'm reliving my childhood. :yikes:

Ha - Milton.

And John - nobody wants that style. Unless of course you're redoing the man cave with an avocado paisley couch, some velvet paintings and suits of armor and swords on the walls. Good gawd, I'm reliving my childhood. :yikes:

Heck, I think its kind of neat looking. Would have to put glass in place of the chicken wire though. Guess my tastes are different. Also suits of armor and swords on the wall would be pretty sweet. Don't need an avocado couch though.

Guild made some stuff like that in the early 60s. One was a rolltop desk, once you opened it up the amp and such were inside.

This style of Magnavox console was called a "Home Entertainment Armoire" in their language. Popular with some buyers in the 1960's. There was also a combo Armoire version with a Color TV as well, which was the TOTL version.

Back
Top Bottom