Anyone ever shipped a car ?

We had Allied move our household goods and my Dad's '66 Chevy Sportvan twice. When backing out the van from the movers' trailer at delivery, the movers used brand new fiberglass(!) ramps, which predictably snapped in half. The bottom of the van hit the back of the trailer, denting the frame and rocker panels. Not a pretty sight. Did Allied pay for the damage? They did not. They blamed the van for breaking the ramps. Every time we moved it after that, we just used a tow bar behind the U-Haul truck and did it ourselves.
Tom

Grumpy--the company my client uses is called Prostar 800-993-7447. This may not satisfy your preferences, though, because they're expediters specializing in auto transport, so the actual mover will be a subcontractor. OTOH, he's been very satisfied with the service and tells me so far no problems. FWIW.

Hey Grump:

Do what I used to do when fully possesed by cars and buying them hundreds or thousands of miles away -- road trip! I once sold my former NC police car to a father and son who flew from PA to NC, and drove it back for the experience.

When you get down to comparing the costs/time/worry/etc. you may find doing it yourself may be cost/performance effective.

Take along a friend/family member, fly over, drive back. And with that wagon pirating across the NE, think of the TS and SA booty you can capture!

[Of course, this assumes the vehicle is mobile.]

Back
Top Bottom