1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have this cd in good condition only?

Discussion in 'The Music Barter' started by Willy6, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Willy6

Willy6 AK Subscriber Subscriber

20160714_222407.jpg anyone have a cd of this album?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Willy6

Willy6 AK Subscriber Subscriber

3. teri patterson

teri patterson Member

ya got that...anything angel city/angels is great!

4. thomo57

thomo57 Super Member

Aussie group

5. Sondek

Sondek Active Member

THE ANGELS
    Dark Room
    1980 (AAD)

Definitely one of my favourite hard rock albums ever! Right up there with AC/DC TNT.
    I caught them live one New Year's Eve at New Zealand's Mt Maunganui. An absolute riot!
    Sadly, we lost frontman DOC NEESON a few year back, but this album will rock-on forever.
    Readily available on CD in this part of the world. Perhaps check EBAY or DISCOGS.
    This is how the cover looks Down Under. Same great album.
    THE ANGELS Dark Room (1980, AAD).jpg

6. thilaseen

thilaseen Super Member

Possibly my most played album, specially when there's no-one else around and I can let rip with the volume.
    Best Aussie hard rocking band ever..I saw them live a few times back then. You can keep your Acca Dacca and Midnight Oil..pretenders.:)

Sometimes I wonder where I got my tinnitus.

7. Markoneswift

Markoneswift Quartz locked n ready to rock

Wow thanks for the memories ! Absolutely loved Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again.

I used to work nights operating ICL mainframe systems back in mid Eighties and it was just when 24 hour TV broadcasting was a new thing in the UK. There were plenty of music channels available and one in particular always had this kind of stuff on.

We had the tv on a table in the corner of the machine room and used to jive around the aisles of CPU cabinets, line printers and tape drives bopping away to this track at 4 AM :)

8. 55Redneck

55Redneck Canadian Redneck

I have this album on vinyl which I got when it first came out. I haven't spun it in forever,perhaps I'll throw it on the table tomorrow.

9. BigElCat

BigElCat Mmm Hmm Subscriber

Cool stuff.

It's like The Rolling Stones blended with The Vapors.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  10. Mystic

Mystic We're all born mad

While The Angels were wonderfully powerful and had some excellent numbers, the DeeCees still nose 'em out for (IMO) most powerful, both in terms of playing and songcraft, Hard Rock act ever from down under. But I dig The Angels and am listening to an unofficial live (1986) concert @ this very moment. This thing sizzles.

I wish I had an extra copy of the album (ie, Dark Room) that the OP is seeking, it is damned good stuff.

11. Tim64

Tim64 Super Member

Thanks for the link I remember hearing the first song on the radio. Listening to it before I head off to work.