Anyone heard from Jim Nicholls (JWM amplifiers) recently?

Perhaps I should butt out.......

Even though some of the techs are geniuses, whatever happened to good service? Perhaps I am a hard ass, but a contract with others demands top notch performance and project management skills including a time line. Perhaps one with less discipline needs to produce a schedule on Microsoft Project and follow it! :sigh:

Last edited:
i will provide some spiritual help here. i'll pray that no one gets hurt or killed over this matter. :thmbsp:

i've had a few similar incidents where i sent some stuff out to an active AK'er and never heard from him again. this was years ago and i have a feeling that he's in a better place now. he did mention his health issues back then. nothing i can do about it. hope you get this matter resolved quick....

I would like to thank you for all your support in this situation, from the advices and the spiritual help to the offer to go physically to Jim's house in NJ.

Fortunately, there are half good news here. Jim finally answered saying that he was indeed sick and telling me that there is no doubt he will deliver the amplifier. Still, as trust has been broken by large and he has not been concrete in his offer to balance this situation, I have asked him to deliver the amplifier before the end of this month or refund me.

I fear that if I just let him finish the amp at his own terms, without any deadline, I will find myself in this same situation again and again and that does not make sense. I will keep you updated.

Last update. Jim's answer to my end of November amp delivery request sounds like he is just doing me a favor...its like, well, I will try...I have already asked for my money back since I feel he is just playing with me. He is just full of lies, this is the worst deal ever. Im asking him for my money back now.

This is my last mail to him:

"Really Jim, I did the first payment in February, and you have been doing other stuff while not finishing my amp.

From feb until now its almost 9 months.....!!!!!

And after all this time, and all my good will giving you money in advance to help you and your family, you can not even commit to deliver on time, really Jim we live in different worlds. I do not want to go on with this and want my money back right now. My paypal address is:

88888888888****

Alan"

Last edited by a moderator:
Deju vu. I Tried the refund request once too. Since he was building them from amps he had on hand, the reply I got from him was that he had to finish and sell them before I could get my refund.

I'm glad you got an answer anyway (not that its a solution). At least a dialogue is open for a resolution.

Fortunately, there are half good news here. Jim finally answered saying that he was indeed sick and telling me that there is no doubt he will deliver the amplifier. Still, as trust has been broken by large and he has not been concrete in his offer to balance this situation, I have asked him to deliver the amplifier before the end of this month or refund me.

I fear that if I just let him finish the amp at his own terms, without any deadline, I will find myself in this same situation again and again and that does not make sense. I will keep you updated.

Probably he had visited this forum, or someone told him about bad feedback he's got.
I don't trust he was really on sick leave for 9 months, and even so, he could send an e-mail, explain situation, and offer either refund either possible deadline.

I'm sorry to hear it. Suffice to say, I have experienced the same on AK, although I must also say that I have also been the recipient of some amazingly wonderful and openhearted generosity as well. I try to take the bad with the good. Again, my sympathies on your current situation.

I got a new answer from him telling me that, as somebody said on this thread, he does not have any money and apologizing and asking me for a last chance to deliver the amplifier before 30th November. So, since he does not have any money and to get my money back will be like get blood from a stone (those are Jim's words), I gave him a last chance and told him that he has to ship the amplifier first and when it arrives safely i will just then pay him the remaining $400. So, lets see. Good thing is that end of November is not so far away.

Hi guys, I haven't spoken to Jim in a bit but I can tell you that when I was working with him on my amp I spent some time with him, met his family and he is no question "good people". It is indeed a side business for him and like everybody else, life does get in the way sometimes (of course this doesn't justify a lack of communication). Hopefully Jim is ok and presumably everybody has their amps (given the thread has been inactive). I've had my amp for just over a year and it's still awesome - absolutely love it and I expect my great grand kids will too :)

Jim Nicols

I communicate with Jim infrequently. Jim was in rehab. I recently settled with Jim after being owed a cash refund for nearly a year. For those who are expecting Jim to return their money for services not performed, good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim Nicols

I communicate with Jim infrequently. Jim was in rehab. I recently settled with Jim after being owed a cash refund for nearly a year. For those who are expecting Jim to return their money for services not performed, good luck.

If anyone wants Jim Nichols Phone # Contact LRagin134 via PM. Posting anyones personal information on the net is inappropriate without their permission. I think the situation is abysmal, but a simple pm to LRagin134 will get what you need I'm sure.
Regards,
Jim

I sure picked a fine time to turn on my JWN Amp without the interconnects from the pre-amp hooked up. Fortunately, Jim responded quickly and it may be a simple tube switch is all that is needed. Jim says the only time one of his amps will get in serious trouble is when it is switched on without being connected to speakers. Fortunately that was not the case so we shall see.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom