Anyone heard these?

bully

A female singer, France Joli, self-titled album on Prelude Records, no date. Oh, kinda disco tempo, but with brass, congas and percussion. Side 1 was flawless. Just turned it over.
I just bought it 'cause it looked clean, and the young lady was very attractive on the cover.

Another one I got this afternoon is Voyager/Fly Away. Bunch French-sounding names, recorded in 78 for Scirroco Records, distributed on Marlin label. Marc Chantereau, Pierre-Alain Dahan, Slim Pezin, Sylvia Mason, and Sauveur Mallia.

OK, then there was a mint-looking Phil Collins album. I've never had anything with Phil Collins before. This is No jacket required.

Playing on the SL-23/Shure M95HE, PA5001/DX4000 through the P-530's. This is a super-detailed system, and whatever is there, is there!

pete

My Weekend ...Speaking of Disco Vinyl... and testing yo 70's/80's hipsters knowledge

Never heard of that female singer Joli ..."kinda disco tempo"

With that in mind I stopped at this farm this weekend that had a barn sale on the weekend. The guy was almost revolting to look at..."just finishing my breakfast" he said while wiping egg off his face/ beard/ moustache with his hands. Now this place had essentially junk everywhere and I mean junk...not something that could be funky ...junk and I mean everywhere. I asked him if he had any stereo equipment or records. "Not that I know of but a guy found a 45 yesterday " he said. He welcomed me to look around.

In one of the several sheds ready to fall down that contained more junk under a window I found some LP's ...that somehow the covers did not have mold. Amazingly these records did not appear to have ever been played if at all. Perfect fingerprint and scratch free. However I also had never heard of the top ones but had funky disco picture covers, were 12" singles and many were picture discs. Really neat looking pictures...only wanted $2 for the lot. I have never heard of these groups,singers or songs...suspect the original owner may have been a disc jockey

A few of these disco picture 12" single records are

Danger/Standup and Dance by Gregg Diamond - T.K. Disco Records , Hialleah, Florida

I Gotta Keep Dancin/What's the Question (Special Disco Remix )by Carrie - Soul Train Records

It Feels So Good to be Loved So Bad / Kiss and Say Goodbye by Manhattans - Columbia Records

Get Up and Boogie by Freddie James - Warner Brothers Records

Body in Motion ( Want Your Body In Motion with Mine )/ You Gotta Keep Dancin' by Clifton Dyson - Motown Records

to name of the few disco 12" single records.

In perfect order in the plie, I believe every 12" single remix record released by Duran Duran was there

The Reflex, Is There Something I Should Know,Girls on Film (Night Version), Faster Than Light, Planet Earth ( Night Version), Late Bar, Union of the Snake, Hungry Like the Wolf (Night Version), Rio (Night Version), The Wild Boys ( Wilder than Wild Boys Extended Mix), The Wild Boys (Extended Mix), Save a Prayer, Hold Back the Rain Remix and New Moon on Monday Remix.

There were 2 early Madonna 12" single discs
Angel/Into the Groove

1 Depeche Mode 12" single
Behind the Wheel/Route 66 ...( megamix,megadub,extended remix, beatmasters mix versions)

1 Rick Astley 12" single
She Wants to Dance with me

All of the above are prestine condition

Now for you 70's rockers there were also the following I will mention

The Fabulous Thunderbirds "Girls Go Wild" ( Recorded May 1979 ) ..I would have bought it for the cover alone

Bruce Springstein , Born to Run

Jethro Tull , Original Masters..(sealed never opended)

Dennis

Pete,

I remember that name and a nice voice, and a single that was big overseas. Think it was called "Come to me".

"no jacket required" should be the LP with "something in the air", itself a classic. I remember soundwise, that is a very good recording. Nice finds, both! :)

Jack

Back
Top Bottom