Anyone here the new Klipsch "the sixes"

I'm surprised no one has checked these out. For the price they look like a good deal.

I got a pair about a month ago for a 2nd home but have not hooked them up yet. hopefully will get to next week.

Thanks Rock, let me know what you think. I cant find a pair here and would like to get some opinions before I buy.

@djnagle Been watching this thread with much interest. I’ve got a set of scratch & dent specials from Crutch..... on the way. The Klipsch Forum has some really good reviews on them. That’s why I pulled the trigger without hearing ‘em.

I got a pair about a month ago for a 2nd home but have not hooked them up yet. hopefully will get to next week.

Sorry guys, but I don't think I will get them setup this week, it will probably be a couple more weeks. Maybe ThomasD will give us a review before then.

I'll be happy to give you my 2 cents worth (which is about all I'm qualified to give). They will be my first experience with powered speakers other than subs. They should be arriving this weekend. Plan on sourcing them with Spotify from a MacBook Pro through a 15' AudioQuest Cinnamon USB cable and Jitterbug. Will update.

Have been listening to the 'Sixes' for the last week or so now, maybe 20 hours +/-. Unfortunately only been able to listen at background listening levels. Staying at a large B&B for most of the winter while working out of town. The owner told me I was going to be the only one here until spring so I could enjoy the place to myself. Figured I'd be able to crank the 'Sixes' up now and then and let 'em run wild. Hasn't worked out that way, has someone else here almost constantly. Anyway, these being my first 'powered' speaker experience, have to say they are clear, crisp & smooth at lower listening levels. Bass is natural, tight and very pleasant, not hollow or boomy. I'm not a Bass Head by any means but even at low volumes the bass is very present and tight. As is typical of Klipsch horns, the mids & highs are somewhat prevalent & forward sounding, which I personally prefer. As I stated before, I ordered a 5m AudioQuest Cinnamon USB cable & Jitter Bug to source my MacBook Pro with. Playing mostly Spotify downloads I've found that there is a definite SQ difference between USB cables. The stock USB provided by Klipsch sounded fine until I switched to the AQ. The music then became more 'liquid' for lack of a better term. Better decay of the instruments, musical nuances were noticeably more dominate. Don't really notice any difference with or without the Jitter Bug, maybe if using headphones, don't know. Anyway, back to the 'Sixes', very impressed with SQ at low/moderate listening levels. Played the same source using BlueTooth, immediately noticed a loss of detail and volume but not too shabby if BlueTooth is what you intend to use. Hard to compare the Klipsch BT with my Audioengine B1 since the B1 goes into a Rega Brio and out to Klipsch KG1's that have been fully updated with a new X/O & Ti diaphrams. But the 'Sixes' BT connected easily and maintained most of the SQ that was present using the USB connection. The onboard DAC that Klipsch uses seems to be a quality one. Would like to know what DAC it uses, haven't been able to find anything online that really says which one they use. The front mounted controls are adequate though noticed the stepped gain control worked nicely to micro adjust the volume whereas the remote made adjustments in 'leaps and bounds', not nearly as smoothly. Also, why such a cheap, plastic looking and feeling remote for such a nice looking speaker !!! Only SQ negative I've noticed is lack of sound stage. Perhaps due to lower volume but haven't experienced the sound stage extending very much past the outside edges of the speakers themselves. At home, my Polk Monitor 7c's sound stage extend a full 5' or more to either side even at lower volumes. Completely different room configurations but still quite a difference. Hope to take the 'Sixes' home sometime this winter and compare with my home system. They are a beautiful speaker though personally I'd like to have a choice of grill cover colors. I get so tired of black/dark brown grills, miss those light taupe or linen look grills.

Also meant to give Crutchfi,,d kudos. I’ve ordered a few ‘scratch & dent’ specials from them in the past and am always surprised that the item seems flawless. These ‘sixes’ were packed like brand new as were all accessories. No blemishes of any kind. Only had 1 Sony A/V receiver arrive with a dented corner from their ‘scratch & dent’ specials. Been using it almost daily for the last 6 years.

Have been listening to the 'Sixes' for the last week or so now, maybe 20 hours +/-. Unfortunately only been able to listen at background listening levels. Staying at a large B&B for most of the winter while working out of town. The owner told me I was going to be the only one here until spring so I could enjoy the place to myself. Figured I'd be able to crank the 'Sixes' up now and then and let 'em run wild. Hasn't worked out that way, has someone else here almost constantly. Anyway, these being my first 'powered' speaker experience, have to say they are clear, crisp & smooth at lower listening levels. Bass is natural, tight and very pleasant, not hollow or boomy. I'm not a Bass Head by any means but even at low volumes the bass is very present and tight. As is typical of Klipsch horns, the mids & highs are somewhat prevalent & forward sounding, which I personally prefer. As I stated before, I ordered a 5m AudioQuest Cinnamon USB cable & Jitter Bug to source my MacBook Pro with. Playing mostly Spotify downloads I've found that there is a definite SQ difference between USB cables. The stock USB provided by Klipsch sounded fine until I switched to the AQ. The music then became more 'liquid' for lack of a better term. Better decay of the instruments, musical nuances were noticeably more dominate. Don't really notice any difference with or without the Jitter Bug, maybe if using headphones, don't know. Anyway, back to the 'Sixes', very impressed with SQ at low/moderate listening levels. Played the same source using BlueTooth, immediately noticed a loss of detail and volume but not too shabby if BlueTooth is what you intend to use. Hard to compare the Klipsch BT with my Audioengine B1 since the B1 goes into a Rega Brio and out to Klipsch KG1's that have been fully updated with a new X/O & Ti diaphrams. But the 'Sixes' BT connected easily and maintained most of the SQ that was present using the USB connection. The onboard DAC that Klipsch uses seems to be a quality one. Would like to know what DAC it uses, haven't been able to find anything online that really says which one they use. The front mounted controls are adequate though noticed the stepped gain control worked nicely to micro adjust the volume whereas the remote made adjustments in 'leaps and bounds', not nearly as smoothly. Also, why such a cheap, plastic looking and feeling remote for such a nice looking speaker !!! Only SQ negative I've noticed is lack of sound stage. Perhaps due to lower volume but haven't experienced the sound stage extending very much past the outside edges of the speakers themselves. At home, my Polk Monitor 7c's sound stage extend a full 5' or more to either side even at lower volumes. Completely different room configurations but still quite a difference. Hope to take the 'Sixes' home sometime this winter and compare with my home system. They are a beautiful speaker though personally I'd like to have a choice of grill cover colors. I get so tired of black/dark brown grills, miss those light taupe or linen look grills.

Every new speakers I've bought needed a month or two for the woofers to come into there own. Let us know if that happens with your Sixes.

Back
Top Bottom